Mobile menu

Concordance does not show most recent translations first
Thread poster: xxxpkb
xxxpkb

Local time: 04:29
French to English
Jan 18, 2007

Good morning from London.

The box is ticked, but the concordance does not necessarily show the most recent translations first. Any suggestions for a cure?

Trados 7.0.0.615, Windows 2000 (with all upgrades automatically downloaded)

Philip

Direct link Reply with quote

Cecilia Falk  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:29
English to Swedish
Reorganise the TM Jan 18, 2007

Always worth a try.

Cecilia

Zoltán Medgyesi
Hungary
Local time: 05:29
English to Hungarian
Maybe you're new to Trados? Jan 18, 2007

Otherwise, you would know, it's another unusable, not-working, illogical feature.

In 7.5 it seems it works, it displays the most recent translation unit as first - however, can't put them in chronological order, which would be advantageous.

(Currently, I'm fighting with maintenance / filter function, which cannot handle it's own time format.)

xxxpkb

French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but tried that. Jan 18, 2007

Cecilia Falk wrote:

Always worth a try.

Cecilia

First thing I thought of. 63,000 translation units (±630,000 words) nicely resorted, but it still does it.

It does it as well on my everyday memory (114,000 units. Blimey, must be well over a million words !).

It isn't new, but it has become annoying on a current job. If I want to check how I translated something earlier in the same document, it doesn't tell me.

Thanks for the suggestion, though, Cecilia.

Philip

xxxpkb

French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Not quite a new boy Jan 18, 2007

mzdude wrote:

Otherwise, you would know, it's another unusable, not-working, illogical feature.

In 7.5 it seems it works, it displays the most recent translation unit as first - however, can't put them in chronological order, which would be advantageous.

(Currently, I'm fighting with maintenance / filter function, which cannot handle it's own time format.)

I checked recently: I was given my first copy of Trados by a client in 1998. The client also sent me to Luxembourg for a day's training in the use of Trados and in translating trade marks.

At last it is not just my copy that plays up.

Maintenance / filter? Luckily I have never been tempted / required to play with that. Thanks mzdude.

Philip

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Concordance does not show most recent translations first

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs