Mobile menu

Translationzone and VAT
Thread poster: Jan Born
Jan Born
English to German
Jan 20, 2007

Hi everybody,

I have a question that I hope you can help me with.

I just ordered an upgrade from Trados Freelance 6.5 to SDL Trados 2006 from www.translationzone.com.

Even though I stated that I'm based in Germany and gave a German billing and delivery address, the invoice states 21% VAT (Germany has 19% VAT).

My question is: What VAT rate is this based on? It can't be Germany, so what country is it.

My second question is (although that's probably better suited for the German forums): How would I go about reclaiming the 21% from the German tax authorities? Can I just include them in my quarterly Umsatzsteuervoranmeldung?

Any help appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:18
English to German
+ ...
VAT ID? Jan 20, 2007

Hi Jan,

Even though I stated that I'm based in Germany and gave a German billing and delivery address, the invoice states 21% VAT (Germany has 19% VAT).

Didn't you quote your EU VAT ID?

My question is: What VAT rate is this based on? It can't be Germany, so what country is it.

Ireland, I presume.

Best regards,
Ralf

Jan Born
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
VAT Jan 20, 2007

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Didn't you quote your EU VAT ID?

Hi Ralf,

thanks for your reply. The order form on the website didn't give me a chance to quote my EU VAT ID ...

I'll send an e-mail to the customer service, perhaps they can clear up the matter.

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translationzone and VAT

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs