Mobile menu

Translationzone and VAT
Thread poster: Jan Born
Jan Born
English to German
Jan 20, 2007

Hi everybody,

I have a question that I hope you can help me with.

I just ordered an upgrade from Trados Freelance 6.5 to SDL Trados 2006 from www.translationzone.com.

Even though I stated that I'm based in Germany and gave a German billing and delivery address, the invoice states 21% VAT (Germany has 19% VAT).

My question is: What VAT rate is this based on? It can't be Germany, so what country is it.

My second question is (although that's probably better suited for the German forums): How would I go about reclaiming the 21% from the German tax authorities? Can I just include them in my quarterly Umsatzsteuervoranmeldung?

Any help appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:23
English to German
+ ...
VAT ID? Jan 20, 2007

Hi Jan,

Even though I stated that I'm based in Germany and gave a German billing and delivery address, the invoice states 21% VAT (Germany has 19% VAT).

Didn't you quote your EU VAT ID?

My question is: What VAT rate is this based on? It can't be Germany, so what country is it.

Ireland, I presume.

Best regards,
Ralf

Jan Born
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
VAT Jan 20, 2007

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Didn't you quote your EU VAT ID?

Hi Ralf,

thanks for your reply. The order form on the website didn't give me a chance to quote my EU VAT ID ...

I'll send an e-mail to the customer service, perhaps they can clear up the matter.

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translationzone and VAT

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs