Error "(80005) This Microsoft Word document cannot be opened due to tracked changes that have not be
Thread poster: Cultures Connection
Cultures Connection
Cultures Connection
United States
Local time: 08:38
English to French
+ ...
Jan 20, 2007

Hi get this error when trying to open a .doc file

Error "(80005) This Microsoft Word document cannot be opened due to tracked changes that have not been accepted or rejected"

Thank you for your help

Fabrice

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:38
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Just open this document in Word Jan 20, 2007

and accept all changes.
You cannot work on a document with changes.
To do so, activate the "track change mode" and use the command "accept all changes" from the corresponding tool bar.
Should you not be able to find how to do so, just ask Word for help.

Regards
Jerzy

Cultures Connection
Cultures Connection
United States
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Did that Jan 20, 2007

Hi Jerzy and thank you for your answer,

I actually did that but I still get the same message! I have checked on sdl site. Someone had this problem before and this is the answer he got

This is an issue in the DOC file where it is mistakenly marked with Track Changes that have been resolved.

To allow this file to be converted to TTX you need to adapt the Word_1_0_0_0.xml file found in the TT folder of your Trados Installation folder. To do so please op
... See more
Hi Jerzy and thank you for your answer,

I actually did that but I still get the same message! I have checked on sdl site. Someone had this problem before and this is the answer he got

This is an issue in the DOC file where it is mistakenly marked with Track Changes that have been resolved.

To allow this file to be converted to TTX you need to adapt the Word_1_0_0_0.xml file found in the TT folder of your Trados Installation folder. To do so please open the file in a text editor and

Change the following line from

to

Ignore

Please be sure to change exactly as above and then save the file. Once you restart TagEditor or Translators Workbench tracked changes will now be ignored and you will be able to convert the file to TTX.

http://sdl.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sdl.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1698&p_created=1146151849&p_sid=Lgy49bsi&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTkwJnBfcHJvZHM9MCZwX2NhdHM9MCZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NjZl9MYW5ndWFnZT0mcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD10YWcgZWRpdG9yIDgwMDA1&p_li=&p_topview=1

Any other idea?

Fabrice
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Copying the content of the file into a new file Jan 20, 2007

and when selecting, leaving at least the last paragraph mark unselected.
Another possibility: opening with OpenOffice and saving back again as MS Word.
Sorry, no other ideas.

Regards
Jerzy

Cultures Connection
Cultures Connection
United States
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 20, 2007

Thanks,

I'll try that!

Thanks so much

Fabrice

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:38
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
And just for the benefit of previous SDLX version users Jan 21, 2007

This situation can be different.

If you create an itd and are confronted with an abominably high degree of format painting (see also http://www.proz.com/topic/26345 ), then check the source document for track changes. If there are any, accept all of them and recreate the itd.

Saves a lot of grief.

Laure Delpech
Laure Delpech  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
English to French
Thank you Fabrice Feb 26, 2007

I have just tried the method you mentioned (changing "Default' to "Ignore"). It worked for me.

(I use SDL Trados 7.5)

Laure

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error "(80005) This Microsoft Word document cannot be opened due to tracked changes that have not be

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »