Mobile menu

unclean translation
Thread poster: xxxernestoper
Local time: 12:55
English to Spanish
Jan 29, 2007

I did a translation that was supposed to be done with Trados. However, my computer with Trados got messed up and I couldn't use it. So, I used another one to do the same translation, without Trados however. Now, the client asks for unclean files. Is there any way to do deliver somehow the translation as unclean files? Please help me out. I have access to Trados now, but it might be too late:( Thank you, Erneto.

Direct link Reply with quote
English to Dutch
+ ...
Rather difficult Jan 29, 2007

Well...euhm, the only way I can think of is to run Trados to the source text again and manually drag and drop the translated sentences into the yellow bar.
Unfortunately this is going to take a LOT of time!!!!

But I don't think there's another way... (though I'm not 100% sure)

Good luck!

Rebecca x

William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
+ ...
Maybe... Jan 29, 2007

you could try this.

Run your two files (original and translated) through WinAlign, which will allow you to create a new TM, which you can then use in Trados to do a "translate to fuzzy" (runs through the text until it finds a less than 100% match, which shouldn't happen if you do your WinAlign task properly.

Hope this helps before it is too late!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

unclean translation

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs