Vito Smolej
Local time: 03:35
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Jan 31, 2007

froim downloaded information
Problems Fixed in Cumulative Patch 2 for SDL Trados 2006
1. [Translator's Workbench] When inserting numbers, the Get Placeable command now inserts a leading zero into the segment text in several Asian languages (Chinese, Thai and Vietnamese).
2. [Translator's Workbench] (Microsoft Word XP/2003) Following a recent update of Microsoft Word XP and Word 2003, crashes could occur on opening a segment containing smart tags. This has been resolved.
3. [Translator's Workbench] Several new compound measurement units such as l/kg or mg/l are now supported.
4. [Translator's Workbench] (Word 2003) The Translate to Fuzzy command no longer loops in merged table cells. (Hallelujah)
5. [Translator's Workbench] The Unicode character yen sign (U+00A5) is no longer corrupted in the target segment and translation unit returned from a translation memory with Japanese as target language.
6. [Translator's Workbench] Cleaning up Word files with certain formatting settings inserted unnecessary {xmlopen} and {xmlclose} tags in the TM under certain circumstances. This has been resolved.
7. [Translator's Workbench] An error message for a match penalty was displayed when a segment with a tag contained double-byte characters. Also the double-byte character in the tag could get corrupted during batch operations such as Translate or Cleanup. This has been resolved.
8. [Translator's Workbench] Special RTF characters such as the em-dash are no longer removed after Clean Up in UTF-8 encoded files.
9. [Translator's Workbench/Microsoft Word] Following one of the Microsoft Office Updates (Security Update for Word 2003: KB917334) formatting penalties were imposed unexpectedly, causing 100% match segments to be recognized as fuzzy matches only. This has been resolved.
10. [Translator's Workbench/Microsoft Word] After applying one of the Microsoft Office Updates (Security Update for Word 2003: KB923094), interactive translation commands such as "Open/Get" inserted a web address line (""). This has been resolved.
11. [Translator's Workbench/Microsoft Word] Following one of the Microsoft Office Updates (Security Update for Word 2003: KB917334), words in headers and footers in Word documents were no longer counted during batch processing (Analyse, Translate or Clean Up). This has been resolved.
12. [Translator's Workbench/Microsoft Word] Following one of the Microsoft Office Updates (Security Update for Word 2003: KB917334), the error message "Subsegment contains invalid data" displays when inserting index fields. This has been resolved.
13. [Translator's Workbench/Microsoft Word] The formatting of bulleted or numbered lists in Word documents could change after interactive translation or batch processing. This issue has been resolved.
14. [TagEditor] When you re-define an AutoText entry that already exists, it is now updated correctly.
15. [TagEditor] The background colour for open Context TM units (XUs) in TagEditor has been updated to be more user-friendly.
16. [TagEditor] Errors when using TMs on Japanese operating systems that have originally been created on English operating systems no longer occur.
17. [TagEditor] Errors in TagEditor on systems where the Arial font is not correctly installed no longer occur. For more details, see
18. [TagEditor] New options have been introduced to allow the user to preserve the Byte Order Mark setting from UTF-8 XML files instead of removing it by default. The options can be accessed as follows: Tools -> Tag Settings -> Select the tag settings file -> Properties -> Elements -> Advanced.
19. [Plug-ins] SDL Trados Generic Tag Verifier now fully supports markup language (ML) files with entities. The "Catastrophic Failure" issue no longer occurs.
20. [Plug-ins] SDL Trados Generic Tag Verifier now correctly saves user settings for reporting issues with spaces around tags.
21. [Plug-ins] SDL Trados Generic Tag Verifier now reports occurrences of the tag order change consistently with the appropriate warning message returned from the Strictness level setting during the interactive translation.
22. [Plug-ins] On some older systems, an error occurred when starting SDL Trados QA Checker and/or SDL Trados Terminology Verifier. This has been resolved.
23. [Plug-ins] Issues when using SDL Trados QA Checker for number verification in Croatian and Norwegian have been corrected.
24. [Plug-ins] Under certain circumstances an error message was displayed when a log file for Terminology Verification was created. This has been resolved.
25. [Microsoft Word TTX filter] All index entries in Word documents are now correctly exposed for translation.(Hallelujah)
26. [Microsoft Word TTX filter] In complex documents with many sections, headers and footers are now correctly preserved when saving the document as target in TagEditor or cleaning it up in Translator's Workbench.(Hallelujah)
27. [Win32 Binary Filter] Executable files with a capitalized file name extension can now be verified.
28. [OpenOffice/StarOffice Filter] Errors saving OpenOffice/StarOffice documents with ampersands (&) or other reserved XML characters no longer occur.
29. [OpenOffice/StarOffice Filter] Footnote text in an OpenOffice file no longer incorrectly breaks segments but rather uses an improved segmentation algorithm.
30. [InDesign INX Filter] When translating from or into bidirectional languages such as Hebrew or Arabic, text alignment is now automatically adjusted when the document is saved as target. For this to work the setting SwitchDirection in the InDesign filter settings file must be switched to On, as follows: On.
31. [InDesign INX Filter] In some cases, not all content from an INX file was exposed for translation in TagEditor. This issue has been resolved.
32. [InDesign INX Filter] The ProcessHyperlinkResource setting in the InDesign filter settings file now properly exposes hyperlink text for translation or hides it as required.
33. [InDesign INX Filter] Back conversion errors with the error message "Resource tag has been deleted" no longer occur.
34. [InDesign INX Filter] Inserted graphics placed using the File -> Place command in InDesign (also referred to as inline graphics) are no longer incorrectly positioned in the target INX file after back conversion.
35. [InDesign INX Filter] The error message displayed when saving a TTX file as target without the original INX file being present in the same folder is now more descriptive.
36. [InDesign INX Filter] Unexpected errors when saving INX documents with certain types of footnotes as target in TagEditor have been fixed.
37. [InDesign INX Filter] The error message displayed when trying to open an INX document with the maximum number of pages (9999) has been made more user friendly.
38. [InDesign INX Filter] The error message displayed while attempting to open an INX file containing invalid character(s) has been made more user friendly.
39. [InDesign INX Filter] The header of INX-based TTX files now contain all filter settings, making it possible to pass it on more easily along the translation supply chain.
40. [Java Resources Filter] Opening a Java Properties file no longer creates the Logger_Prop_Forward.txt file on the C drive.
41. [Stylesheets for TTX Viewer] When previewing documents in bidirectional languages using the HTML, STF and TableView stylesheets, the alignment of bilingual content is now correct.
42. [S-Tagger for FrameMaker] The capital character z with acute (Ź) no longer disappears at back-conversion time.
43. [Font Mapper for FrameMaker] The maximum length restriction for the FontMapper registry entry has been removed.
44. [QuarkXPress 7] Cumulative patch 2 provides initial support for QuarkXPress 7 files generated using the third-party application CopyFlow.

[Edited at 2007-01-31 23:39]

Direct link Reply with quote

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:35
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Thanks Vito Feb 1, 2007

In fact I was waiting to hear from SDL Trados, but I have not received any mail regarding this patch (or the previous one, if any). I believe they should announce it, and send e-mails to customers.

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:35
English to French
+ ...
Same here Feb 1, 2007

I hear you, Selcuk, same here.

It occasionally makes me angry to not get these news at all when I've been using their product for so long. The funniest part is that they even forget to write to me when they actually have something to sell me. I got news of the latest upgrade from a client, and if it wasn't for her, I still wouldn't be aware.

Lots of improvements here. Only a few affect me, but I can tell people in other market segments will be in heaven, especially in Asia. I will install this as soon as I am done with my current project.

However, I am still amazed at the fact that they still haven't thought of fixing TagEditor so it finally recognizes non breaking spaces. I translate to French and it is extremely important for proper punctuation to have the possibility to insert non breaking spaces. It is such a basic notion of French yet they keep ignoring this.

Otherwise, I am really happy they patched this. Hopefully, they keep being thorough with improvements - and they will eventually add the possibility to use non breaking spaces, so I can finally say allelujah!

[Edited at 2007-02-01 20:35]

English to German
... Feb 1, 2007

I got an e-mail yesterday announcing the patch ...

Try contacting their customer support and ask them to notify you of patches in the future. When I had a query last week, I got an e-mail with a very useful answer in less than 24 hours.

Elzbieta Elzbieta
Dutch to Polish
+ ...
E-mail notification Feb 1, 2007

Could it be that your e-mail notification is turned off?
Just log in to and select your E-mail preferences. There are three options:
- Send me all system emails including Update Notifications, New Order Notifications, Download Confirmations, and other administrative email messages.
- Do not send me Update Notifications when products are updated, but do send me other system emails.
- Do not send me any emails (other than Password Finder emails).

William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
+ ...
Email received here... Feb 1, 2007

Elzbieta Wójcicka wrote:
Could it be that your e-mail notification is turned off?

I think this is likely.

I received the email also a couple of days ago. I must say that overall I have been quite impressed with the communication that comes from SDL. If any of you at SDL/Trados are reading this, take pride in what you have done. Thanks!

As Elzbieta says, check your notification settings. You may well have (as many of us do) automatically rejected emails from yet another source when you were logging in. There are SOME notifications that one simply MUST have.

[Edited at 2007-02-01 10:58]

[Edited at 2007-02-01 10:59]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cumulative Patch for Trados

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs