Thread poster: Paul Lucassen
Paul Lucassen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:59
English to Dutch
+ ...
Feb 1, 2007

Hi
I am using Trados Freelance version 7. Am now working with tagEditor for the first time. I noticed the following: why doesn't TagEditor not automatically copy the Tags like the ones for Bold from the Source line to the Target Line? Now I have to insert tags manually afterwards, takes an awful lot of time!!
Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

tvtruc
Vietnam
Local time: 11:59
English to Vietnamese
Turn off Internal tags protection Feb 1, 2007

You can do so by click on the arrow next to lock icon on the toolbar of the Tageditor and select External tags only

Or, enter Tools menu on Tageditor, under Tag protection option group on Protection tab, select External tags only

Good luck,

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Place tags instead of copying them manually Feb 1, 2007

Hi Paul,
On a general note, I would suggest using the interactive tutorial installed with the software to look at tags handling.

I noticed the following: why doesn't TagEditor not automatically copy the Tags like the ones for Bold from the Source line to the Target Line?

Because tags may have to be placed somewhere else.

Now I have to insert tags manually afterwards, takes an awful lot of time!!
Paul

Why don't you use the Get Placeable/Get Next Placeable commands? No need to copy them manually.

Best regards,
Ralf

Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
does not work!! Feb 1, 2007

Hi Truc
thanks for the answer, but nothing has changed
Can I email you part of the text i am working on using TagEditor?
Tageditor sees the matches from the TM an dcopies them allright but he forgets the tags, and I keept gettign warnings when I close the segment.
Paul

Truc Tran wrote:

You can do so by click on the arrow next to lock icon on the toolbar of the Tageditor and select External tags only

Or, enter Tools menu on Tageditor, under Tag protection option group on Protection tab, select External tags only

Good luck,

Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
DOES NOT WORK Feb 1, 2007

[

Ralf
thanks for the answer, but when I do that he does not put the tags in the spots where they should be according to source text??

How come?

Paul

quote]Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Paul,
On a general note, I would suggest using the interactive tutorial installed with the software to look at tags handling.

I noticed the following: why doesn't TagEditor not automatically copy the Tags like the ones for Bold from the Source line to the Target Line?

Because tags may have to be placed somewhere else.

Now I have to insert tags manually afterwards, takes an awful lot of time!!
Paul

Why don't you use the Get Placeable/Get Next Placeable commands? No need to copy them manually.

Best regards,
Ralf [/quote]

tvtruc
Vietnam
Local time: 11:59
English to Vietnamese
You can email me the file and the TM Feb 1, 2007

Hi Paul,

You can send me the file and the TM, if they are not too large. I'll give it a try.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Cursor? Feb 1, 2007

Hi Paul,
Paul Lucassen wrote:
Ralf
thanks for the answer, but when I do that he does not put the tags in the spots where they should be according to source text??

How come?

Impossible to tell without seeing the text you're working on. Probably obvious, but worth checking: do you place the cursor where you want the tag to go in the target segment?

Best, Ralf

PS To use the quoting function in this forum, you need to use (quote) and (/quote), replacing the round brackets with 'edgy' ones.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Copy Tags from Source to target?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums