Mobile menu

InDesign CS2 - Trados FL 7.0 incompatibility
Thread poster: iamsara

iamsara
Local time: 14:33
English to Spanish
Feb 1, 2007

Hi, I have an INDD file created with InDesign CS2 and Trados Freelance 7.0. I don´t want to update to SDL 2006 and therefore and afaik, there´s no way to open the INX file in 7.0.

Since I have InDesign CS2 and not a lower version, I´d like to know if it´s possible to export the INDD file to INX and then open it with InDesign 2.0 to then convert to ISC with Story Collector and be able to work with this file in my Trados version.

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Yup Feb 1, 2007

Dubloc wrote:

Hi, I have an INDD file created with InDesign CS2 and Trados Freelance 7.0. I don´t want to update to SDL 2006 and therefore and afaik, there´s no way to open the INX file in 7.0.

Since I have InDesign CS2 and not a lower version, I´d like to know if it´s possible to export the INDD file to INX and then open it with InDesign 2.0 to then convert to ISC with Story Collector and be able to work with this file in my Trados version.

Short answer: Yes, that is possible.

We've tested that before, although not extensively, and it worked. But do it at your own risk.

HTH,
Benjamin

iamsara
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Can´t open CS2 with 2.0! Feb 1, 2007

I just realized it´s not possible to open a CS2 INX file with ID 2.0.

I´ve tried to open it with CS and the CS2 Compatibility Update and I managed to open the INX file and save it as CS INDD. Then I used the Story Collector and produced an ISC file. Voilá!

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
2.0/3.0/CS/CS 2 Feb 1, 2007

Dubloc wrote:

I just realized it´s not possible to open a CS2 INX file with ID 2.0.

I´ve tried to open it with CS and the CS2 Compatibility Update and I managed to open the INX file and save it as CS INDD. Then I used the Story Collector and produced an ISC file. Voilá!

I'm sorry, I must have not read your first posting right, because that was exactly what I had on my mind. InDesign CS is version 3, not 2. Whoops.

Anyway, glad it worked out for you!

B

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Upgrade, it's worth it! Feb 2, 2007

Dubloc wrote:

Hi Dubloc,

Unless you're totally cash strapped, I'd highly recomend you to upgrade anyway.
From 7.0 to 7.5 is only €85. Think about it, that's a cheap price, considering improved support of many file formats including INX.

If you expect to have more Indesign jobs in the future, you'll find that the time spent "doing somersaults" will cost you more in the long run...

/Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

InDesign CS2 - Trados FL 7.0 incompatibility

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs