Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 23:29
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Feb 2, 2007

Hi,
I'm getting frustrated trying to install Patch 2 (build 759) for my SDL Trados 2006 Freelance.

I've successfully downloaded the ~120MB file, unzipped it into a folder with the same name (SDLTrados2006_Freelance_CP2), and clicked on setup.exe.

It starts installing, but then an error message appears with a supposedly missing file ("Error 1309.Error reading from file...") and the name of this file. I checked that folder, and the file is definitely there.

If I choose 'Ignore', the same error message appears for many other such files.

I have Win. XP Pro and made sure I closed Outlook/Word.

Any help will be appreciated...

Thanks, Doron

Direct link Reply with quote

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 22:29
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Unzip Feb 2, 2007

Just an idea - did you unzip the archive including the subdirectories, ie. NOT with the Windows built-in ZIP utility?

truptee  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:59
French to English
+ ...
Same here. Feb 2, 2007

I would appreciate help too.

Exact same problem.

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:29
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Folder and file same Feb 2, 2007

I have just installed 759 without problems.

I wonder if it might be to do with creating a directory with the same name as the file. I have come across other cases where that caused problems. Confuses the system -- it is looking in the wrong place.

I unzipped mine in the C:\unzipped directory. Worth a try.

Kai Fiebach (Dipl.Ing.)  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to German
corrupt download Feb 2, 2007

Doron Greenspan wrote:
I've successfully downloaded the ~120MB file, unzipped it into a folder with the same name (SDLTrados2006_Freelance_CP2), and ...it starts installing, but then an error message appears with a supposedly missing file ("Error 1309.Error reading from file...")

My SDLTrados2006_Freelance_CP2.zip file had 252 MB and unzipped and installed without problems. Your download probably has been corrupt. If a 2nd download attempt fails I would recommend this fine and free software: http://www.freedownloadmanager.org

[Edited at 2007-02-02 22:46]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You MUSt unzip the file keeping the folder structure inside the archive Feb 2, 2007

otherwise the installer will not find the paths.

In Windows Explorer you should be able to open the ZIP-file. Copy the folder shown after opening into a folder of your choice.
Or better use WinZIP or WinRAR or other archiver.

Best regards
Jerzy

Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 23:29
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved - here's how Feb 3, 2007

Many thanks to Hynek, Peter, Kai and Jerzy!
And good luck Truptee...

Indeed, when using WinZip to extract the files (or "checkout" these files), they were just 'thrown about' without the folder system into a new directory.

Then I used WinRar, and the extraction was into folders the right way. From there, it was 'piece of cake'.

Kai, I used the smaller download file (~120MB), which included just the patch, not the whole version.

Thanks all for your great help! Doron

CMJK  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 21:29
Member (2008)
German to English
The file structure solution worked for me too Jan 28, 2008

I got an Error 1309 when trying to install SDL Trados and a new MM.

I had several different programs bundled in the one zip archive. They wouldn't work when I unzipped them all to the one folder.

I found that I needed to unzip each program into a separate folder and install it from there. (Then I deleted the duplicate programs.)

Thanks for the suggestion!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem installing Patch 2 (759) for SDL Trados 2006 FL

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs