Thread poster: Valentina_D
Valentina_D
Valentina_D  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:58
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 4, 2007

Hi all,

I was about to start a new project involving a language pair for which I usually use a different Cat tool.
I opened the TM I was given only to discover that I hadn't configured that language pair during the first installation of Trados (strange, but possible). So I cannot open the TM. My question is: do I necessarily have to reinstall Trados (I have 6.5.5.439) to add that language pair or is there a quicker, easier method?
Thanks very much for your help!
... See more
Hi all,

I was about to start a new project involving a language pair for which I usually use a different Cat tool.
I opened the TM I was given only to discover that I hadn't configured that language pair during the first installation of Trados (strange, but possible). So I cannot open the TM. My question is: do I necessarily have to reinstall Trados (I have 6.5.5.439) to add that language pair or is there a quicker, easier method?
Thanks very much for your help!

Valentina

[Edited at 2007-02-04 10:11]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... Feb 4, 2007

...to SDL Trados Support - please use this forum to post topics related to SDLX and/or Trados.

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Reinstall Feb 4, 2007

do I necessarily have to reinstall Trados (I have 6.5.5.439) to add that language pair or is there a quicker, easier method?

I'm afraid you have to reinstall.

Valentina_D
Valentina_D  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
done Feb 4, 2007

Hi, thanks very much for your answer.

In fact, I've just reinstalled it and the Tm works perfectly.

Have a nice Sunday!

Valentina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to add a new language pair not originally configured in Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »