Mobile menu

How to set up Trial version of translator's workbench.
Thread poster: beirenbo
beirenbo  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:35
Feb 6, 2007

I have downloaded the trial version of SDL Trados 2006 to see if it's something I really want to use before purchasing. When I try to get started with the Translator's Workbench and click "Term Recognition Options,"it makes me browse my harddrive to find the right file, but I'm not sure what to select. The manual it came with is no help in this case because it is for Multiterm 7 and the trial version is Multiterm 5. In the demo for the manual you get a window with "Open Termbases,"when you click "browse," but that is not happening with the version I downloaded. Anyone experienced with the trial version who can point me in the right direction?

Direct link Reply with quote

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 05:35
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
How to set up Trial version of translator's workbench Feb 6, 2007

I think you should ignore MultiTerm for now and try only Workbench with Word or TagEditor. You can try term recognition later. To use it, you need to create a termbase in MultiTerm and add a few terms (or use a sample termbase, if there is one - I'm not sure).

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to set up Trial version of translator's workbench.

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs