Mobile menu

TRADOS practice .tmw file wanted
Thread poster: irisblue

irisblue  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:39
Japanese to English
Feb 7, 2007

I am FINALLY demo'ing TRADOS (Freelance 7) but don't have a .tmw file for Japanese->English translation practice. I would like to see if it is feasible for me by getting my hands on such a file for patent translation. Is there anyone who is kind enough to "loan" there file to me, or have the URL for a public domain TM server with one???

Thank you,

Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 12:39
English to Vietnamese
Create a NEW one? Feb 7, 2007

I don't understand what do you need a TM from someone else for. Why don't you just create a new TM yourself?

[Edited at 2007-02-07 10:58]

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 07:39
+ ...
Demo database Feb 7, 2007

Also, there are several demo TMWs included with your Trados installation (in C:\Program Files\SDL International\T2006\Samples\TW4Win).

(note that the actual path may vary depending on version)

[Edited at 2007-02-07 11:48]

David Turner  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:39
French to English
+ ...
Demo version is limited Feb 7, 2007

Don't forget that the demo version is limited to 100 TM units (or it used to be the case) so a larger TM from someone else won't be much use to you.
Why don't you create a new memory and start from scratch on a small project?
That being said, if you really must use a Trados-like CAT tool in Word (other much better solutions exist), I would go for Wordfast.

David Turner

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS practice .tmw file wanted

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs