Thread poster: Emma Gledhill
Emma Gledhill
Emma Gledhill
Switzerland
Local time: 18:10
German to English
+ ...
Feb 9, 2007

Hello everyone, my apologies if this has been covered before...

have a large job I'm about to start, German to English, and the client has previously done a lot of work for the same client English to German and has sent me an export from their English-German TM.

Is there any way to reverse the language direction of an export file during import or to reverse the language direction of a fresh TM having imported an export file? Is there any way I can make this of use?... See more
Hello everyone, my apologies if this has been covered before...

have a large job I'm about to start, German to English, and the client has previously done a lot of work for the same client English to German and has sent me an export from their English-German TM.

Is there any way to reverse the language direction of an export file during import or to reverse the language direction of a fresh TM having imported an export file? Is there any way I can make this of use?

Sorry, should have added, I'm using Trados 2006

Thanks in advance!
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Just import Feb 9, 2007

Hi Emma,
Simply import the exported file into a TM with reverse directions.

Just to see how forum search works, search for "reverse TM", restricting your search to this forum.

Best regards,
Ralf

Emma Gledhill
Emma Gledhill
Switzerland
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks and apologies Feb 9, 2007

Thanks Ralf - thought it might have come up before I will confess I'm always hesitant about using search functions as IME they usually either turn up nothing, or so many threads that it's still impossible to find what you want. My apologies and thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reversing language direction of an export file/TM

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »