Trados - how to include internal tags before translatable text?
Thread poster: Nulli
Nulli
Nulli
Local time: 04:56
English to German
Nov 24, 2002

I\'m translating a UI in TagEditor, and now I have a list of frequently used buttons and menu items with hotkeys. When the hotkey tag (i.e. the & sign) appears in front of the text to translate *and* just after the text there is an ellipsis tag (...), I don\'t get those internal tags in the translation unit.

What I get is just the menu item or button name, what I want is the first internal tag as well, like this: (internal tag) source text (internal tag). I need to change the position
... See more
I\'m translating a UI in TagEditor, and now I have a list of frequently used buttons and menu items with hotkeys. When the hotkey tag (i.e. the & sign) appears in front of the text to translate *and* just after the text there is an ellipsis tag (...), I don\'t get those internal tags in the translation unit.

What I get is just the menu item or button name, what I want is the first internal tag as well, like this: (internal tag) source text (internal tag). I need to change the position of the hotkey tag because I cannot always use the first letter. Extending the segment is no use, because then only the next internal tag is included.

By the way, this does not only occur in TagEditor, also when translating in Word.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Nulli

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-25 08:35 ]
Collapse

Elzbieta Wojcicka
Elzbieta Wojcicka
Netherlands
Local time: 04:56
Dutch to Polish
+ ...
Non-breaking space Nov 26, 2002

You can prepare the text by inserting a non-breaking space between the tag and the text (you can use Find&Replace All). Then you can translate the text and at the end delete all non-breaking spaces from the source text.

Of course if your text already contains some non-breaking spaces, you cannot use this method.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados - how to include internal tags before translatable text?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »