FrameMaker "filename" tag translation using TRADOS S-Tagger format
Thread poster: Mjay
Mjay
Mjay  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:04
English to Japanese
Feb 16, 2007

I am translating FrameMaker document using S-Tagger (.ttx) format. I understand word and phrases follwing tag should be left English. Most of those words and phrases are untranslatable format, such as "IntroWelcome", but some are translatable format such as, "Welcome".

The problem is that "Welcome" appear elsewhere in the document, which should be translated. Currently, I save multiple translations (translated version and untranslated version) for the word "Welcome" so that TR
... See more
I am translating FrameMaker document using S-Tagger (.ttx) format. I understand word and phrases follwing tag should be left English. Most of those words and phrases are untranslatable format, such as "IntroWelcome", but some are translatable format such as, "Welcome".

The problem is that "Welcome" appear elsewhere in the document, which should be translated. Currently, I save multiple translations (translated version and untranslated version) for the word "Welcome" so that TRADOS asks me which one to use whenever it encounters the word. But this manual process is time consuming.

Is there any ways that TRADOS skips filename tagged word and phrases in S-Tagged documents?

Any comments and/or advice are appreciated! Thank you.

FrameMaker: 7.1
TRADOS: 6.5.5.441
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

FrameMaker "filename" tag translation using TRADOS S-Tagger format

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »