Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:59
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Feb 16, 2007

Hi!

An agency has sent me a text to translate, together with a TM. I do have my own TM for this very subject though, and I would like to use both TMs at the same time. How can I achieve this? Is it possible to use multiple TMs at the same time in Trados 2006, preferrably without having to merge them?

Many thanks for your advice,
kind regards,
Erik

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
up to two TMs at the same time Feb 16, 2007

Is it possible to use multiple TMs at the same time in Trados 2006, preferrably without having to merge them?

one for updates (the one you open when starting wtb), one for reference - you defined the latter in Options / TRanslation Memory Options / Concordance ˙- Reference.

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Feb 16, 2007

Thanks a lot, Vito! That seems to be what I was looking for!

Cheers,
Erik

Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:59
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Import Feb 16, 2007

Or you could import their new tm into your tm (or maybe create a separate combined tm, just in case). If they want an updated tm, just use their tm for the clean-up, not the combined one.

Eh, you did say without merging them, did you? Duh!

[Edited at 2007-02-16 23:07]

mustafa karabiber  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:59
English to Turkish
+ ...
Reference (read only) translation memory Feb 17, 2007

In Translator's workbench come to 'options' then select translation memory options and then click concordance tab on the opened box. You will see the Reference(read only) translation memory section, then add your second TM as a reference via Browse button

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Handling multiple TMs

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs