Mobile menu

Not enough storage is available to process this command (Trados error when opening big TM)
Thread poster: Spiros Doikas

Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:53
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Feb 17, 2007

Edit: A system restore operation, taking the system back before any number of different MultiTerm versions installation, solved the problem.

Trados 7.5.0.756

Screenshot:
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3412/tradosspaceta1.png

Until recently I had no problem with this 300 MB TM. This problem appeared when I installed MultiTerm 7 (I do not now whether this is related though).

As far as system resources, I have plenty of hard disk space, 2 GB RAM and core duo...

[Edited at 2007-02-17 10:30]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:53
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Are you now able to open your big tM? Feb 17, 2007

How many entries do you have in it?
I've a TM with some 850.000 entries, which is resulting in exactly the same error you are getting.
I have SDL Trados 2006 build 759 and am using Multiterm 7.0.1.320. Which one are you using?

Thank you
Best regards
Jerzy

Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved Feb 17, 2007

Jerzy,

As stated on the post, I use Trados 7.5.0.756 and since I uninstalled MultiTerm the problem was resolved.

My TM has 1,300,000 entries.

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You do not use any Multiterm? Feb 17, 2007

This is really strange.
My TM is much smaller, and my PC ressorces are bigger, as I have 4 GB of RAM and a HDD with 500 GB...

Trados-support was not able to solve my problem.

Thank you
Best
Jerzy

Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I uninstalled it Feb 17, 2007

for the time being.

Do you have a LAN or have you used/set up Trados / MultiTerm server packages? I have a feeling that these may affect it and that it has nothing to do with system resources.

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Yes, I've LAN Feb 17, 2007

but I did not install or activate any server versions of Trados and/or Multiterm.
I would be glad to solve my problem, as it is a pain in the a... not to be able to open my own TM.

I'll try to ask Trados support what they think about it.

Thank you
Kind regards
Jerzy

Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Uninstall MultiTerm Feb 17, 2007

just as a test. Alternatively, use another machine or give to somebody else your TM so that they may return a tmx export file to you.

[Edited at 2007-02-17 18:49]

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Thank you Feb 17, 2007

I shall try to deinstall MT.
What's quite funny with this situation - depending on a weather or something else sometimes I'm able to open my biggest TM and sometimes not... Nothing changes in my system, and even this does not depend on if there are another applications running.

Regards
Jerzy

Marc Van Gastel  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
uninstalling multiterm helps Dec 23, 2008

I'm on Trados 7.5, used a 180 MB size TM with 500K translation units.

I've been getting the same message. Obviously size is not the issue, since there are people out there with over 1 million TU's and apparently running fine.

Uninstalling Multiterm seems to have solved the issue (at least for now). I first opened the word doc and TM, it didn't work. The closed both and uninstalled Multiterm (from the Control panel). Reopened the word doc and TM and it did work, without rebooting the system or anything else. That makes Multiterm look pretty suspect, doesn't it.

Makes me wonder: do these people with very large TM's use it with Multiterm??? Anyone?

BR/MVG

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Not enough storage is available to process this command (Trados error when opening big TM)

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs