Mobile menu

Trados implementation and the picture decoloration
Thread poster: xxxBrandis
xxxBrandis
Local time: 17:38
English to German
+ ...
Feb 17, 2007

Halo! I am currently processing a large website using Trados 7.0 after a few initial files, I wanted to clean and check the links in DreamWeaver MX and in the IE7.0. The text is fine, but the pictures become shabby or decolor. Why is that so. I hadn´t this problem while using Trados 6.5.5 earlier. Has anyone a useful tip or a hint. Thank you all in advance.
Best Brandis

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
a different case with similar symptoms Feb 18, 2007

Has anyone a useful tip or a hint. Thank you all in advance.

I waited a little to see if there's any other takers, because my hint is wishy/washy if not useless. I get similar symptoms when cutting and pasting from let's say word page, that includes graphics or pictures. However, things are back to normal - full color, contrast etc - if I just cut and copy the images, without the other text around it.

Maybe the solution is to replace embedded images with file references - and that's whole lotta work -.

Regards

smo

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Vito Feb 18, 2007

I think the trouble is with DreamWeaver MX 2004, I am using , I have tried this stuff with DW 6.0 things are fine, no losses at all. I am sure that even the most experienced profit from this experimental attempt to win in-sight into working issues. So finally we have a solution. DW MX may be of latest technologies, but the pictures fade out, which can only propagate I am not fit for all purposes other than designing. Decoloration is normally is a fact of lack of required HW, but mine is latest equipped with 512 ATI cards and lots of resouces for a fat client. Fazit: here I am - but a former DW 6.0 still gives a better stable workable solution. thanksalot like lancelot (just a twist) Brandis

[Edited at 2007-02-18 18:34]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados implementation and the picture decoloration

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs