Thread poster: Sylvain Leray

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:30
Member (2003)
German to French
Feb 19, 2007

SDL Trados 7.5.0.756 Build 756
with Word 2002

When I try to open the first segment, I get the message "You can not use Workbench when Track changes is activated, etc.", but not only the function is not activated, but it is greyed in the corresponding Tools menu.
Any hint on how to solve this ? I tried to accept all changes and ather options available, to no avail...

Many thanks in advance !
Sylvain

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
convert to RTF? Feb 19, 2007

regards

smo

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Most likely, it's a protected document Feb 19, 2007

Sylvain Leray wrote:

SDL Trados 7.5.0.756 Build 756
with Word 2002

When I try to open the first segment, I get the message "You can not use Workbench when Track changes is activated, etc.", but not only the function is not activated, but it is greyed in the corresponding Tools menu.
Any hint on how to solve this ? I tried to accept all changes and ather options available, to no avail...

Many thanks in advance !
Sylvain

Try unprotecting it (Tools->Unprotect) and then accept all changes and continue. It may ask you for a password (check with customer).

If not, copy and paste into a new document. That should hopefuflly give you the final text without any tracked changes (but double check to make sure).

Good luck!

Daniel

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
Copy and paste Feb 20, 2007

Thank you Vito and Daniel,

The document seems indeed to be protected, and since I don't have so much time and don't want to bother the client with this, I simply copied and pasted the content into a new document.
Everythin's running smoothly now

Have a nice day!

Sylvain

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Track changes deactivated, but error message persisting

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs