Looking for TRADOS trial version
Thread poster: Nadege Pave
Nadege Pave
Nadege Pave
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:58
English to French
Feb 21, 2007

Can anyone tell me if there is a free trial version of Trados I could download from the internet please? I am quite new to translating and I don't want to purchase this software without trying it first. Also, how necessary is it to have this software?
Many thanks for your replies

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-02-22 00:49]

Ahmad Hassaballa
Ahmad Hassaballa  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 19:58
Member (2005)
German to Arabic
+ ...
Use this link Feb 22, 2007

Hello nadege,

You're most welcome to the industry

Please use this link: http://www.translationzone.com/download.asp?menuItem=12

You'll find there Trados demo version, tutorials, and user's guide as well. All are very helpful!

Best of luck!

Ahmad

Marie-Céline GEORG
Marie-Céline GEORG  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:58
German to French
+ ...
Other CAT Tools Feb 22, 2007

Hi Nadege,

It's a good idea to download trial versions, most CAT software allow you to try them, so that you can choose the most useful for you. Some have a size limit, others a time limit.

As for the necessity of Trados - or CAT tools in general, I think that the forum contains several threads about it, including a recent one in the French section.

To summarize, the choice of a CAT tool depends on several factors (user interface, file formats, how repetiti
... See more
Hi Nadege,

It's a good idea to download trial versions, most CAT software allow you to try them, so that you can choose the most useful for you. Some have a size limit, others a time limit.

As for the necessity of Trados - or CAT tools in general, I think that the forum contains several threads about it, including a recent one in the French section.

To summarize, the choice of a CAT tool depends on several factors (user interface, file formats, how repetitive your texts are, terminology management, price...). The fact that some clients require Trados should not be the only criterion you have to take into account!

Hope this helps and welcome!
Marie-Céline
Collapse

Djana (X)
Djana (X)
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 18:58
French to Bosnian
Trial version link Feb 24, 2007

Dear Colleague,

link to trial Trados version is here:

http://www.translationzone.com/download.asp?menuItem=12

Your friend Djana from Sarajevo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for TRADOS trial version

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »