https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/67012-trados_and_kaspersky_anti_virus.html

Off topic: Trados and Kaspersky Anti-Virus
Thread poster: Helena Koželj
Helena Koželj
Helena Koželj  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 08:04
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Feb 27, 2007

I have just heard a comment (that person is not really a software expert IMO) that there are difficulties if you try to install Trados on a computer running Kaspersky Anti-Virus.

As I happen to use Kaspersky 6.0 and no Trados (as yet), I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you!

And may we all have a fruitful day

Hoang Hoang
Hoang Hoang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:04
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
It's safe Feb 27, 2007

I am running Trados in a Kaspersky-based Windows XP and they get along well together. In Kaspersky protection options, they have Anti-Hacker function which recognises Trados.dot as a suspicious macro in Training mode when you open Trados Workbench in Word environment. However, as you know well Trados is not a harmful threat, you can push Skip button. Then Kaspersky will remember your preference and will not warn you anymore next time

[Edited at 2007-02-27 11:15]

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 09:04
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Never had any problems Feb 27, 2007

I'm using KAV for many years and never had slightest problems with Trados (I mean related to KAV, of course ).

Uldis

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:04
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Yes... Feb 27, 2007

no problems... I'be been running Kaspersky for a few years. Just do what Hoang suggested...

Giovanni

Helena Koželj
Helena Koželj  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 08:04
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Very helpful Feb 27, 2007

Your posts were all very helpful, thanks again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados and Kaspersky Anti-Virus

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »