Trados 7.5 (2006) and Office 2007
Thread poster: David Rumsey
David Rumsey  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:34
Member (2004)
Danish to English
+ ...
Mar 1, 2007

Hi there - my laptop died and I had to buy a new one. I managed to get a great deal on a laptop running Windows XP but I had to buy Office/Word 2007 - which is based on Windows Vista. Based on the previous post about Vista OS and Trados 7.5 (2006) - will I be able to run Trados on Office/Word 2007 - or do I have to hunt down an old copy of Office 2003?

Please advice

Direct link Reply with quote

Gerrit Sanders
Local time: 16:34
English to Dutch
+ ...
SDL Trados 2006 compatibility with Microsoft Office 2007 Mar 1, 2007

Translator's Workbench 7.5 does not work with Microsoft Word 2007.

There is a workaround: Word 2007 allows you to save documents in the old 97-2003 DOC format. You can then open this file in TagEditor, and then translate it with Translator's Workbench 7.5...

But if you prefer to do your translation in Word itself, you'll either have to reinstall Word 2003, or upgrade to SDL Trados 2007, which will be available shortly.

Best regards,
Gerrit Sanders

Localization Consultant

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7.5 (2006) and Office 2007

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs