Mobile menu

Workbench Clean Up seems to work but TagEditor target file still bilingual
Thread poster: Luisa Ramos, CT

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:10
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Mar 3, 2007

I have SDL TRADOS 7. Windows XP.

I received a qsc file to translate with TagEditor. It is only 2 pages, nothing complicated. Everything went smoothly.

- I opened the file,
- saved it as "bilingual",
- translated,
- saved it, and
- saved it again as "target".
- Closed the file and
- called the Clean Up function in Workbench (which had been opened all the time).

The Clean Up function "seemed" to work, meaning I did not get any messages or errors: 100% results.

I opened the "target" (cleaned up) file and it is not clean. The source is still there. I have 3 verification messages: "There are spacing differences between source and translation before tag xx." I do not believe that to be that serious as to prevent the file from cleaning up.

Does anyone have any idea why or a suggestion? I'd appreciate your sharing it.


[Edited at 2007-03-03 03:04]


This from the log file:

Start Cleanup: Fri Mar 02 21:07:54 2007

Translation Memory: C:\Documents and Settings\Luisa Ramos\My Documents\xxxx\xxxxx\xxxxx Memory.tmw

C:\Documents and Settings\Luisa Ramos\My Documents\xxxx\xxxxx\#621 (1206).qsc target.ttx

Segments Words Chars/Word Placeables
Cleaned 72 936 5.35 115
Updated 0 0 0
Total 72 936 5.35 115




Cleanup Total (1 file):

Segments Words Chars/Word Placeables
Cleaned 72 936 5.35 115
Updated 0 0 0
Total 72 936 5.35 115




Cleanup finished successfully without errors!


[Edited at 2007-03-03 03:17]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:10
English to German
+ ...
Works as designed Mar 3, 2007

Hi Luisa,
The TTX file will remain bilingual after cleanup - essentially, for TTX files, the cleanup process does the same as "Save as target" (the main difference being that the cleanup process can update your TM with any corrections made without opening the segment).

IOW it's not a bug - it's a feature. Unless you have saved the target under a different name, your QSC file should now contain the target.

HTH, Ralf


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:10
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Just confirming Mar 3, 2007

Hello Ralf. I knew I could count on your knowledge. Something about ttx files rang a bell and that is why I edited my post and included the log file. But frankly, I did not remember what it was. Thanks a lot for putting my mind at peace.

Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench Clean Up seems to work but TagEditor target file still bilingual

Advanced search


Translation news related to SDL Trados





Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs