Mobile menu

2 Translation Units are open at one time, why?
Thread poster: hatipovic
hatipovic
Local time: 05:40
German to Bosnian
+ ...
Mar 3, 2007

Hello,
please look at this picture:
http://halfprice.habra.com/Mirza/Bugs/tag_still_open.jpg

I cannot close one translation unit but still I am able to open the second. How to fix that?

Regards,
Mirza

Direct link Reply with quote

Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Is it really open? Mar 3, 2007

Or is the paragraph formatted as if it were open?

You should make hidden codes visible, and check that. If that's the case, simply format the upper paragraph to normal, and keep working.

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
How to find out what's happening Mar 3, 2007

I cannot close one translation unit but still I am able to open the second. How to fix that?

As already suggested, unhide the hidden marks (The P-looking-back icon does it) and you will see the TRADOS hidden marks (they should come in triples, something like this

{0]source segment [}0{] target[0} (replace in your mind [ and] with bigger and smaller)

In your case I would first let TRADOS fix it - there's a menu command "Repair document". It is instructive to see, what TRADOS will change to get things back to normal.

If I repeat what you already know, I appologize.

regards

smo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2 Translation Units are open at one time, why?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs