Thread poster: Steffen Pollex
Steffen Pollex  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:22
English to German
+ ...
Mar 4, 2007

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with the SDLX component of SDL TRados 2006:

TRADOS works ok, but when opening SDLX 2006, it says there is no licence, the application is running in demomode only.

Hence, I can not use the advanced functions od SDLX 2006. The application, for example, does not run the "Analyze" functionality, and I cannot reconvert ITD files to word or whatever was the initial format, although conversion from Word to ITD is working, no matter wehat the file size (less than 1000 words or more).

Any ideas?

TIA
Steffen

Direct link Reply with quote

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Analyze only for the professional version Mar 4, 2007

Hi Steffen,

the Analyze module used to be available only in the professional version of SDLX.

Theoretically, once Trados "knows" where you flexible licence is located, SDLX runs smoothly as a licensed copy. Have you checked under "Help > About..." menu from SDLX starting window? There should be "TWB: SDLX 2006 < version bought >" in the box "SDLX Licence - I have the standard one, so it says "TWB: SDLX 2006 Standard".

Just a thought: I don't know if this is your case (most probably not as you say that Analyze doesn't work - or any longer), but that window pops up only during the first month after installing the software for the first time - it doesn't really mean that you are in demo-mode (normally, it stops popping up after the 1 month trial time has elapsed).

As to converting files back to original format, which are the steps you are taking? Normally, I simply click on "create translation" from the File dropdown menu and files are created pretty quickly.

Giuliana

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Run License Manager again Mar 4, 2007

Run License Manager from SDLX subfolder in Start menu and point again to your license file.

English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Giuliana and Wojciech! Mar 4, 2007

It turns out I have a standard version, so analyzing will not work - ok.

With regard to reconversion - I go to "Project Wizard>>Export Files>>Search for Translation Documents", then choose the appropriate ITD file and complete the conversion.

I get the message "Conversion successfully completed",and then - no Word (or whatever) file is there in the target language.

I am really confused.

Or are the translated files automatically stored in a folder different from where the source docuiments are?

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Yes, a different folder Mar 4, 2007

Hi Steffen,

translated files are stored in a different folder, normally with the language short form, say EN for English.

As I got pretty mad with earlier version of SDLX and its too many folder creations, I prefer to use the create translation option: the translated file is created in the very same folder where the (copy of ) original and the *.itd file are saved with the target language code added to the name of the file... no more chasing for files

Giuliana

English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hello Giuliana, Mar 5, 2007

and where can I find this "different folder"?

Thanks
Steffen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX not licenced

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs