Installation of Cumulative Patch 2 for SDL Trados 2006 (Freelance Edition): how to proceed
Thread poster: Marco Oberto

Marco Oberto  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:53
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 5, 2007

Hi,

I have just downloaded and installed SDL Trados 2006 (Freelance Edition, Build 756) on my PC (Windows XP O.S.), and checked it works properly by translating a Word source text I had previously translated with Trados 6.0.

Now, I'm in the process of installing Cumulative Patch 2, following the Customer Center installation instructions (STEP 2 of the SDL Product Download Page).

1. I stopped all SDL TRADOS applications and Microsoft Office applications;

2. I visited SLD Trados trados.subscribenet.com page;

2. I selected the downloading of the patch installer Zip file;

3. I extracted the entire content of the Zip file to a temporary folder (while extracting files, a windows asks me to confirm Overwriting of several files: I said Yes to All.);

4. Now, since no windows spontaneously appear, where am I supposed to find this temporary folder in which Zip files have been extracted, in order to double-click on the setup.exe file and complete the installation process?

Thanks,
Marco

[Modificato alle 2007-03-05 11:36]

Direct link Reply with quote

Babel123
France
English to French
Search for SDLTrados2006_Freelance_CP2 Mar 5, 2007

Cumulative Patch 2 for SDL Trados 2006 Freelance is extrated to a folder named "SDLTrados2006_Freelance_CP2". You should be able to retrieve it with the Search function.

Marco Oberto  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You were right Mar 5, 2007

I have just downloaded and installed SDL Trados 2006 (Freelance Edition, Build 756) on my PC (Windows XP O.S.), and checked it works properly by translating a Word source text I had previously translated with Trados 6.0.

Now, I'm in the process of installing Cumulative Patch 2, following the Customer Center installation instructions (STEP 2 of the SDL Product Download Page).

1. I stopped all SDL TRADOS applications and Microsoft Office applications;

2. I visited SLD Trados trados.subscribenet.com page;

2. I selected the downloading of the patch installer Zip file;

3. I extracted the entire content of the Zip file to a temporary folder (while extracting files, a windows asks me to confirm Overwriting of several files: I said Yes to All.);

4. Now, since no windows spontaneously appear, where am I supposed to find this temporary folder in which Zip files have been extracted, in order to double-click on the setup.exe file and complete the installation process?

Thanks,
Marco

Armelle Delest wrote:

Cumulative Patch 2 for SDL Trados 2006 Freelance is extrated to a folder named "SDLTrados2006_Freelance_CP2". You should be able to retrieve it with the Search function.

Thanks. Problem solved through the Search function: I found the SDLTrados2006_Freelance_CP2 file; opened the folder; double-clicked on the setup.exe file and launched the installation process with Next.

Back to work, at last!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installation of Cumulative Patch 2 for SDL Trados 2006 (Freelance Edition): how to proceed

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs