Thread poster: Francoise Perigaut
Francoise Perigaut
Francoise Perigaut
Germany
Local time: 18:15
German to French
+ ...
Mar 5, 2007

(Sorry for my poor English, it's not one of my working languages)

I just upgraded to Trados 7.0 and MultiTerm 7 and I have a problem when I use Trados with the Terminology Recognition activated: the CPU Usage immediately goes over 50%, my computer becomes very loud and I can't work like this, it is not normal (when the Terminology Recognition isn't activated, it is averaging a few percents only).
I know my comput
... See more
(Sorry for my poor English, it's not one of my working languages)

I just upgraded to Trados 7.0 and MultiTerm 7 and I have a problem when I use Trados with the Terminology Recognition activated: the CPU Usage immediately goes over 50%, my computer becomes very loud and I can't work like this, it is not normal (when the Terminology Recognition isn't activated, it is averaging a few percents only).
I know my computer isn't the best (Intel Pentium 2,6 GHz with 1 GB RAM), but I'm not considering buying a new one in the next few months, it should be OK for Trados.

Is it a well-known issue? What can I do?
I couldn't find anything in the SDL Knowledge Base. Thanks in advance for your help!
Collapse

Francoise Perigaut
Francoise Perigaut
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
*bump* Mar 7, 2007

Sorry for insisting, but I'm pretty desperate, I've tried everything and wasted so much time installing and uninstalling and re-installing everything... Trados is no use anymore if I have to turn off the term recognition!

Of course I can reinstall my old Multiterm, it works then, but the new terminology features (in TagEditor, search in more than one termbase...) were one of the main reasons why I upgraded.

I tried to e-mail Trados, but didn't get any answer (I don't ha
... See more
Sorry for insisting, but I'm pretty desperate, I've tried everything and wasted so much time installing and uninstalling and re-installing everything... Trados is no use anymore if I have to turn off the term recognition!

Of course I can reinstall my old Multiterm, it works then, but the new terminology features (in TagEditor, search in more than one termbase...) were one of the main reasons why I upgraded.

I tried to e-mail Trados, but didn't get any answer (I don't have a Support Agreement).

I'm surprised nobody else has ever noticed a high CPU-Usage a few minutes after starting working with Multiterm 7?
Collapse

Francoise Perigaut
Francoise Perigaut
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Maybe it's a problem with Java? Mar 7, 2007

I see 2 Java related entries in my software list (J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6 and J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 9), could that be the source of the problem?
If so, can I/should I uninstall one of them? Which one, can I uninstall it just like that, etc.

Edit:
I uninstalled it, but it doesn't help. I do have the required "Java 2 ... SE v1.4.2_08" entry in Add/Remove Programs.

[Modifié le 2007-03-08 08:32]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm 7: CPU Usage over 50% when I use the Terminology Recognition

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »