MultiTerm 7: CPU Usage over 50% when I use the Terminology Recognition
Thread poster: Francoise Perigaut
Francoise Perigaut
Germany
Local time: 07:36
German to French
+ ...
Mar 5, 2007

(Sorry for my poor English, it's not one of my working languages)

I just upgraded to Trados 7.0 and MultiTerm 7 and I have a problem when I use Trados with the Terminology Recognition activated: the CPU Usage immediately goes over 50%, my computer becomes very loud and I can't work like this, it is not normal (when the Terminology Recognition isn't activated, it is averaging a few percents only).
I know my computer isn't the best (Intel Pentium 2,6 GHz with 1 GB RAM), but I'm not considering buying a new one in the next few months, it should be OK for Trados.

Is it a well-known issue? What can I do?
I couldn't find anything in the SDL Knowledge Base. Thanks in advance for your help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Francoise Perigaut
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
*bump* Mar 7, 2007

Sorry for insisting, but I'm pretty desperate, I've tried everything and wasted so much time installing and uninstalling and re-installing everything... Trados is no use anymore if I have to turn off the term recognition!

Of course I can reinstall my old Multiterm, it works then, but the new terminology features (in TagEditor, search in more than one termbase...) were one of the main reasons why I upgraded.

I tried to e-mail Trados, but didn't get any answer (I don't have a Support Agreement).

I'm surprised nobody else has ever noticed a high CPU-Usage a few minutes after starting working with Multiterm 7?

Francoise Perigaut
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Maybe it's a problem with Java? Mar 7, 2007

I see 2 Java related entries in my software list (J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6 and J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 9), could that be the source of the problem?
If so, can I/should I uninstall one of them? Which one, can I uninstall it just like that, etc.

Edit:
I uninstalled it, but it doesn't help. I do have the required "Java 2 ... SE v1.4.2_08" entry in Add/Remove Programs.

[Modifié le 2007-03-08 08:32]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm 7: CPU Usage over 50% when I use the Terminology Recognition

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs