Thread poster: Ivana de Sousa Santos

Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 04:22
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 10, 2007

Hello,

I am having a weird problem with Trados 7 in word 2003.

I have exact matches in my TM and they don't appear as I am changing subjects.

There was a bit of text with the word "none" in several lines and each time Trados stopped with the open segment and the word "None" in both segments, yellow in the segment below.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

Many thanks in advance. :0)

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 05:22
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
huh? Mar 10, 2007

I have exact matches in my TM and they don't appear as I am changing subjects.
you mean surely "changing segments"?
There was a bit of text with the word "none" in several lines and each time Trados stopped with the open segment and the word "None" in both segments, yellow in the segment below.

"none" in both segments, meaning just in source and target, like

"none"
"none"

It could be, you have (somehow) empty translation units in TM. I would export it to txt file and check. Or use maintainance to see, what's the problem.

Portugal
French to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:0) Mar 11, 2007

Hi Vito,

Maybe I wasn't clear enough... I'm sorry. I've never heard about this problem and it was a bit difficult to express what happened.

The text analysis tells me I have X 100% matches, but when I am translating I don't get these matches and I have to translate everything again.

Sometimes I push the "concordance" button since I know I had already translated that sentence. Depending on the sentence two things happen:

1) it appears in the concordance box, but weirdly enough it doesn't present itself as a 100% match in the text, or other;

2) it doesn't appear in the concordance box at all.

That's why I wrote that I had been translating the word "None" into "Nenhuma" but each time the segment opened, it opened as a new segment, as if he word had never been translated, a "No match", if I can say so.

Evija Rimšāne  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 06:22
English to Latvian
I am not sure but... Mar 11, 2007

If I understand correctly from both of your messages you need to check either of the following two things:
1) Open Workbench, then Options -> Translation Memory Options..., then in the tab General look for Copy source on no match: it must be UNchecked.
2) other option: in the same tab (General) check the Minimum match value % (it should be no more than 70; if there is higher number, retype it)

I hope it helps.

Please note I use Trados 6.5 LSP, so I am not sure if your trados version looks like mine, and maybe my advises are not useful for you.

Portugal
French to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Translation Memory Options Mar 11, 2007

1) Open Workbench, then Options -> Translation Memory Options..., then in the tab General look for Copy source on no match: it must be UNchecked.

I had it checked.

2) other option: in the same tab (General) check the Minimum match value % (it should be no more than 70; if there is higher number, retype it)

I had 55%.

Still, I think this might have something to do with these "Translation Memory Options".

I was told to change some of the values in all the tabs not long ago and my troubles started since then, although the ones I described here only happened on Saturday.

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
two questions Mar 12, 2007

on a segment, that should have 100% target, do you

1. get any suggestions (given 55% that you have set up) in TWB?

2. if you ask for a concordance search (F3) what do you get in that window?

I have a similar case lately, where two previously translated segments were joined into a new one by replacing a period with a colon (not a big deal, is it ;\)

Portugal
French to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Answer to Vito Mar 12, 2007

1. get any suggestions (given 55% that you have set up) in TWB?

No, I don't.

2. if you ask for a concordance search (F3) what do you get in that window?

I only get the target segment above, as if it doesn't exist in the TM.

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
I would export TM and rebuild it... Mar 13, 2007

... and you can send me TM and the text. I mean, I see the problem as a provocation (g).

Nulli
English to German
Workaround: Pre-translate Mar 14, 2007

Ivana de Sousa Santos wrote:

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

Many thanks in advance. :0)

Hello Ivana,

I had exactly the same problem a few weeks ago. Don't know why this happens, the only "solution" I found is to pre-translate the whole file with Tools > Translate.

Kind regards,
Nulli

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

100% matches don't appear in segments

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs