Sandra Alboum  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:48
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 12, 2007

Hi.

Probably a dumb question, but here goes. I am going to be participating in a large ongoing project that will require me to purchase SDL. I\'ve already got Trados 6.5.

So I ask: Is SDL 2007 (or 2006, at least until the 2007 version is available) compatible with Trados 6.5 memories? Would I still have to upgrade my Trados to 7.0 if I had SDL 2007?

Any advice you can provide would be welcome.

Thanks!
Sandra

Direct link Reply with quote

Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 09:48
English to Indonesian
+ ...
compatible Mar 12, 2007

i exported my trados 6.5 tm to txt, then imported it to trados 7/sdl trados 2006 without any problem.
as sdl trados 2006 contains trados 7, i think sdl trados 2007 will also contain higher version of trados 7.

Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:48
English to French
A related warning Mar 13, 2007

As far as I experienced, the Analyse and Batch translation features of SDLX bundled with SDL trados 2006 (or the other way round) are valid for a 30-day period only. This version of SDLX is "Standard", and these features come with the "Professional" version.
So if you plan to manage a project with SDLX for more than the trial period, you may be better off purchasing the standalone SDLX Pro.
If you're going to receive pre-chewed .itd files, there is a free SDL Lite application that allows you to work on SDLX files (http://www.sdl.com/products-translation/products-corp/sdlx/products-downloads-sdlx.htm). Maybe you could try playing around with this before making a decision.
Regards,
Philippe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL and Trados Compatibility

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums