Thread poster: ESP-MA
ESP-MA
Germany
Local time: 09:16
German to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 12, 2007

Hello,

I have a problem with Parallel Dongles; sometimes they forget license information included in the Dongles.

Does anyone know if this also happens with the USB Dongles??

Thank you in advance.

Regadrs,

Guadalupe

Direct link Reply with quote

franksf
Chinese to English
Problem w/ USB Dongles Mar 12, 2007

Hello.
They can be accidently disabled if another USB device like a small U-disk is used concurrently.

I thought nowadays a lot of programs require online activation for that one PC only and the dongles are used less often.

gmendoza  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
parallel dongles Mar 14, 2007

franksf wrote:

I thought nowadays a lot of programs require online activation for that one PC only and the dongles are used less often.

This is true with the newer versions of Trados; this also means, however, that you can run Trados Freelance only on one computer if you have a small network. So for us the dongled version is more advantageous - as the team edition is quite a lot more expensive and offers only a few features more which we do not absolutely need.

Anyway, it is very annoying that the parallel dongles seem to forget their license information time and time again, that's why I was wondering if this also happens with the USB dongles.

Any experience anyone?

Best,

Guadalupe

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Dongle 'forgetting' info? Mar 14, 2007

Hi Guadalupe,

Anyway, it is very annoying that the parallel dongles seem to forget their license information time and time again, that's why I was wondering if this also happens with the USB dongles.

I have been using Trados dongles (first parallel, then USB) since the mid-1990s (Workbench 2.0...) - I never had a dongle forget information. If the dongle is physically damaged, it will lose the information, but it won't return. Could it be that you have a driver issue, where the system sometimes fails to properly recognise the dongle?

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Parallel vs USB Dongles

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs