https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/68144-proofreading_and_updating_the_tm_while_working.html

Proofreading and updating the TM while working
Thread poster: Noha Kamal, PhD.
Noha Kamal, PhD.
Noha Kamal, PhD.  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:33
English to Arabic
+ ...
Mar 13, 2007

Hello,

I received a proofreading job using CAT tools. I got the bilingual TTX files and a .txt file which I imported in Workbench. I am supposed to do the proofreading and and update the TM. Can I update the TM every now and then while working and not wait till the end? Or is the TM already updated every time I click set/close? Thanks.

PS: am using Trados 7 (buid 615)

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-03-13 10:32]

[Edited at 2007-03-13 13
... See more
Hello,

I received a proofreading job using CAT tools. I got the bilingual TTX files and a .txt file which I imported in Workbench. I am supposed to do the proofreading and and update the TM. Can I update the TM every now and then while working and not wait till the end? Or is the TM already updated every time I click set/close? Thanks.

PS: am using Trados 7 (buid 615)

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-03-13 10:32]

[Edited at 2007-03-13 13:55]
Collapse

Rafa Lombardino
Rafa Lombardino
United States
Local time: 00:33
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Update it while opening/closing segments Mar 13, 2007

Noha,

As far as I know, even if you didn't import the TXT into your Translation Memory file, every time you open and close a segment and edit something in it you're already recording the source and target text into your TM. All you'd need to do is send your client the unclean copy of the proofread file (so they can clean it with their own TM open, thus validating all the changes you've made) and/or send them a TXT export after you're done proofreading and recording the changes to yo
... See more
Noha,

As far as I know, even if you didn't import the TXT into your Translation Memory file, every time you open and close a segment and edit something in it you're already recording the source and target text into your TM. All you'd need to do is send your client the unclean copy of the proofread file (so they can clean it with their own TM open, thus validating all the changes you've made) and/or send them a TXT export after you're done proofreading and recording the changes to your TM.

Hope it helps,
Collapse

Noha Kamal, PhD.
Noha Kamal, PhD.  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:33
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 13, 2007

Thanks, Rafa, I managed to figure that out at the end
Thank you for taking the time to write.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proofreading and updating the TM while working

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »