Word and Tag Editor
Thread poster: Carla Araújo

Carla Araújo  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:31
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 15, 2007

Maybe anyone can help me on this.

If I translate a Word file with Tag Editor, will I be able to deliver an uncleaned file in Word format? How can I do that?

I have Trados Freelance 7 and Office 2003.

Thanks in advance,

Direct link Reply with quote

Stéphan Goldsmith
Local time: 13:31
English to French
+ ...
TTX Mar 15, 2007

If you translate with TagEditor, you will only be able to send an uncleaned TTX file.

To deliver an uncleaned file in Word format, you would then need to use the "Translate" fonction from the Workbench Tools menu directly on the Word document (after you did the translation in TagEditor).

Note however that some segments might be ignored, which means that you would have to check your bilingual Word file before sending it to your client.

[Edited at 2007-03-15 12:14]

[Edited at 2007-03-15 12:14]

avsie  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:31
English to French
+ ...
Copy and paste Mar 15, 2007

You can always copy and paste in Word what appears on your screen in TagEditor.

But I'll admit that it might not work too well because of all the tags... When I did it, I was already translating a text export from QuarkXpress, which contained tags.

The re-translation is always an option!

[Edited at 2007-03-15 13:44]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word and Tag Editor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs