MS-Office 2007 enterprise edition and Trados toolbar
Thread poster: xxxBrandis
xxxBrandis
Local time: 14:10
English to German
+ ...
Mar 16, 2007

Hello!
Yesterday I had tried to get around to accessing trados toolbar in MS-Ofrfice I mean MS-worrd 2007 enterprise edition, but it didn´t work. Can somebody help me with the right tip. Thank you all for your time. Best Brandis

Direct link Reply with quote

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Not compatible Mar 16, 2007

Unless you are using SDL Trados 2007 (which isn't even out yet, AFAIK), MS Office 2007 and an earlier version of Trados won't work together.

There are quite a few topics already on this issue, you can perhaps do a "Search" of the forum.

Marie-Claude

Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:10
Flemish to English
+ ...
CAT are Macros. Mar 16, 2007

Trados and other cats are macro-programmes, sold at an overrated price.
You might want to try Add-Ins>Menu Commands>Customize Access toolbar>Add-Ins and a the trados macro.
This worked for me in the beta-version. The Trados symbol appeared. But i never tried it.
Let us know if this works? Otherwise, given that you are programmer (?), reprogram the macro instead of updating every time.

[Edited at 2007-03-16 10:54]

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you all Mar 16, 2007

Williamson wrote:

Trados and other cats are macro-programmes, sold at an overrated price.
You might want to try Add-Ins>Menu Commands>Customize Access toolbar>Add-Ins and a the trados macro.
This worked for me in the beta-version. The Trados symbol appeared. But i never tried it.
Let us know if this works? Otherwise, given that you are programmer (?), reprogram the macro instead of updating every time.

[Edited at 2007-03-16 10:54]
Noup! nothing there. I was trying with sdl trados 2006 and trados 7.5 along with multiterm. The tool bars do not appear and there is a jungle with the macro-stuff out there. I have tried relocating the templates in the macro screens aswell. Best Brandis

Ana Naglić  Identity Verified
Croatia
Member (2005)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Buy an upgrade Mar 16, 2007

I don't think it will work, even if you manage to open the toolbar, -see other similar topics regarding trados and Office 2007. Yes, Office 2007 and Trados did work together in Beta, althoughthe process was somewhat slow. But they don't function together since Office 2007 Technical Upgrade which was released several months before the final release. This happens because Microsoft messed with file coding (rtf and doc) in order to solve some security issues. There is a bulk sale at ProZ at the moment, so you may buy an upgrade at a discounted price.

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I think I shall reinstall MS-office 2003 package Mar 16, 2007

Hi! thank you for all the infos. It is not only trados or multiterm, acrobat professional 8.0 and snagit and a few drawing tools I use do not appear in 2007 Office either. I shall go backto 2003 edition and wait. Can´t waste my time and energy on software and start relearning. As always is the case with MS products they sure will come up with some adjustment, patches, upgrades etc., and refit to our requirements. I am sure, that there will be other troubles with SDL 2007 and MS-Office 2007 as well. Best Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MS-Office 2007 enterprise edition and Trados toolbar

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs