Mobile menu

How to convert an .itd file to a .doc
Thread poster: Delphil
English to Polish
+ ...
Mar 16, 2007

Dear all,

I am mostly a TRADOS person and have recently received a few .itd files: some to be translated and two to be proofread. The first task poses no problems. However, the latter have to be delivered in a MS Word format and I am not sure how to convert it. From the File menu I can export only to HTML and the original file type is RTF. Also, I have not received any TM for proofreading.

Is it enough to use the Preview Translation command from the File menu or is there something else to it?

I thank you very much for your help and advice.

PS I am using SDLX 2006.

Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 16:09
English to Vietnamese
File > Create Translation Mar 17, 2007

On SDL Edit windows, select menu File > Create Translation.

Sometime I could not use this function when the ITD was not created by myself.

For proofreading, you don't need a TM, but you can create new one to use it and update your TM for later use.

[Edited at 2007-03-17 06:48]

Flavio Granados  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:09
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
You can use the Compare tool Mar 17, 2007

Dear Anna

You can use the Compare function for proofreading.

Open a new folder
Copy the itd files to be proofreaded (Use same names)
Proofread/edit the files
Use the function Compare (SDLX window) for trackchanges, it results in HTML file.
Copy and paste the HTML file's tables into any Word file. So you have the itd file in Word format.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to convert an .itd file to a .doc

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs