Rafa Lombardino
Rafa Lombardino
United States
Local time: 21:46
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 17, 2007

I was wondering if it only happens to me, but every time I have a date to translate, as soon as I open the English segment there's always the same text being "offered" by SDL-Trados as a translation, even though it's not even in one of the target languages I work with... The suggested translation is always in English!

In other words, for example, I've just started translating this business letter which header contains the following date:

March 30, 2007

As s
... See more
I was wondering if it only happens to me, but every time I have a date to translate, as soon as I open the English segment there's always the same text being "offered" by SDL-Trados as a translation, even though it's not even in one of the target languages I work with... The suggested translation is always in English!

In other words, for example, I've just started translating this business letter which header contains the following date:

March 30, 2007

As soon as I opened the segment to translate it into Portuguese, here's what appered in the target language field:

February 8, 1942

This happens every time, no matter what date in English I'm supposed to translate. And it's always February 8, 1942! Is it an important historical date I'm ignoring or something? What's so special about February 8, 1942 for it to pop up every time I have to translate a random date?

And, before you ask me, I have never translated any historical piece which contained "February 8, 1942"...

Well, let me know if the same happens to you or if my SDL-Trados has been trying to communicate with me! LOL

[Edited at 2007-03-17 16:26]

[Edited at 2007-03-17 16:31]
Collapse

avantix
avantix  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:46
German to Dutch
+ ...
In memoriam
Try to delete Mar 18, 2007

It never happened to me, but I'd try to solve the problem as follows:
In Trados: Open Concordance, search for this date and if you get a match, right-click the flag and delete the TU.
In SDLX: Open Maintain, then open the TM, search for the date and delete the TU. Click File>Save and close the TM.

Rafa Lombardino
Rafa Lombardino
United States
Local time: 21:46
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'll try that Mar 19, 2007

Thank you, Avantix! I never had the need to work on the Trados concordance area, but I have to tell you that this date thing creeps me out a little bit...

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Date translations (SDL-Trados 7.0)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »