Mobile menu

How to export .xls file to SDL Lite termbase ?
Thread poster: Terejimenez

Terejimenez  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 17, 2007

I would appreciate very much if someone tells me how to export a glossary I created in .xls to SDL Lite Termbase.

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Digel  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:48
English to German
+ ...
Not possible with SDLX Lite Mar 18, 2007

Hi Terejimenez,

SDLX Lite only includes the Edit module of SDLX. You can only use this module to translate, not to complete any other task. If you want to create a termbase, you will need SDLX Standard or Professional. (Note that you can download a fully functional 30-day trial version of SDLX from

In order to import an .xls glossary into SDLX Termbase, save it as tab-delimitted txt file in Excel. You can then import it via the Termbase module of SDLX. The process is rather straightforward and shouldn't cause any problem.

Terejimenez  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you very much Mar 18, 2007

Dear Claudia,

Thank you very much for your support and clear explanation. I will proceed according to your advise.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to export .xls file to SDL Lite termbase ?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs