Mobile menu

How to export .xls file to SDL Lite termbase ?
Thread poster: Terejimenez

Terejimenez  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 17, 2007

I would appreciate very much if someone tells me how to export a glossary I created in .xls to SDL Lite Termbase.

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Digel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:27
English to German
+ ...
Not possible with SDLX Lite Mar 18, 2007

Hi Terejimenez,

SDLX Lite only includes the Edit module of SDLX. You can only use this module to translate, not to complete any other task. If you want to create a termbase, you will need SDLX Standard or Professional. (Note that you can download a fully functional 30-day trial version of SDLX from www.translationzone.com).

In order to import an .xls glossary into SDLX Termbase, save it as tab-delimitted txt file in Excel. You can then import it via the Termbase module of SDLX. The process is rather straightforward and shouldn't cause any problem.

HTH

Regards,
Claudia

Terejimenez  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much Mar 18, 2007

Dear Claudia,

Thank you very much for your support and clear explanation. I will proceed according to your advise.

Tere

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to export .xls file to SDL Lite termbase ?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs