Missing termbase in MultiTerm?
Thread poster: Noriko Miwa

Noriko Miwa  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:57
Member (2007)
English to Japanese
Mar 18, 2007

I am currently using Multiterm 7.1.0.361 on Windows XP. After I installed Norton Internet Security I have some problems with Trados and MultiTerm. I could fix Trados by myself but I need help for MuttiTerm.

Now I can not use termbases I have made before. When I try to open a termbase, there is no database available, although I still have .mdb files in my computer. When I try to create a new termbase, an error message "invalid pointer" comes up.

Does anyone know how to fix these problems? I uninstalled and reinsted Multiterm but I still have problem.

Thank you in advance,

Noriko

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 16:57
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
check MTmaster.mdb Mar 18, 2007

Now I can not use termbases I have made before.

The access to actual TermBase files is in MultiTerm regulated by a special MtMaster.mdb - to be found in

... Application Data \TRADOS\MultiTerm\Termbases

I would assume your problems have something to do with this DataBase and (much) less with Norton. You can open the database with access and have a peek.

regards

smo

Noriko Miwa  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:57
Member (2007)
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, but still I don't understand... Mar 19, 2007

Dear smo,

Thank you so much for your reply. Actually I did not know about this MTMaster.mdb file. It seems that I have moved termbases without detaching/reattaching them during the uninstall/reinstall process.

I found MTMaster file in the place you mentioned. In this file, there is only sample file. Are the termbases I have created supposed to be there? I see them in a different location. I tried to include them in this MTMaster file or change the path in the MTMaster file, but I could not edit this file.

Now when I try to create a new termbase, an error message "Please make sure that MultiTerm Server is installed on the machine you are trying to connect." shows up.

Would you happen to know what I can do next?
Did I make the problem more complicated?

Thank you very much,

Noriko

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Missing termbase in MultiTerm?

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs