No Updated TM with Find/Replace in TagEditor
Thread poster: Julia Esrom

Julia Esrom  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:19
German to English
+ ...
Mar 19, 2007

I have been using find and replace in tag editor with the following settings in protection options: Protect Document: no, Protect Context TM Matches: yes, Restore XU Protection when closing segment: yes. I realize that segments should normally be opened and closed to change the TM. Does this mean that there is no way to update the TM during or after find and replace? I tried updating TM during clean up, but Workbench seems to ignore all find/replace changes. Perhaps there is some box that I should tick. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Alexey Ivanov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:19
Member (2004)
English to Russian
I am not sure, but Mar 19, 2007

I think the only way it works is to run 'Translate to fuzzy' from the beginning of the file after "find and replace" and manually updating the TM using "ALT +end" for each segment. At least that's how I do it.

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Cleanup with the option... Mar 19, 2007

You should use clean up with the option: „Update TM”. That should do the trick...

Julia Esrom  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Mar 19, 2007

It looks like it worked now. Thanks to all for the help! It's much appreciated.
Julia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No Updated TM with Find/Replace in TagEditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs