Failure in attaching old termbases to MutltiTerm 7
Thread poster: Noriko Miwa
Noriko Miwa
Noriko Miwa  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:36
English to Japanese
Mar 20, 2007

I did not know that MultiTerm 7 does not have backward compatibility.

It seems that I have upgraded to MultiTerm7 without following the instructions properly on how to attach termbases created in older versions.

Now what is happening here is that I can not open any termbases, and can not even see any termbases available for "Open/Close termbase". although still .mdb files exist. Is there any way to reinstate termbases that have been created in older verion in MultiTerm
... See more
I did not know that MultiTerm 7 does not have backward compatibility.

It seems that I have upgraded to MultiTerm7 without following the instructions properly on how to attach termbases created in older versions.

Now what is happening here is that I can not open any termbases, and can not even see any termbases available for "Open/Close termbase". although still .mdb files exist. Is there any way to reinstate termbases that have been created in older verion in MultiTerm 7?

When I give up hope and try to create a new termbase from a scratch, errors such as "Make sure that MultiTerm Server is installed on the machine you are trying to connect." and "invalid pointer" show up.

If anyone has similar experience, would you please give me an advice?
Thank you in advance,

Noriko
Collapse

Johanne
Johanne
Local time: 23:36
English to German
+ ...
MultiTerm Convert Mar 23, 2007

If I remember correctly you have to run your MT Termbases through MultiTerm Convert. Did you get that with your Trados Version?
I don't think I can help you with your other problems, though...
Julie

Noriko Miwa
Noriko Miwa  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:36
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 24, 2007

Hi Johanne,

Thank you for your advice. I will look into MultiTerm Convert.

I think I am screwing up MultiTerm and may have to reinstall everything from scratch.

Thank you anyway,

Regards.

Noriko

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failure in attaching old termbases to MutltiTerm 7

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »