how should I use a ini. file with tag editor?
Thread poster: Angie Garbarino

Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:50
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Mar 22, 2007

Hello everybody

I have a problem,

a client provided me a ini. file to use with tag editor, I always used tag editot for translating html files so not sure what I have to do with it ,

my trados version is 6.0, the file to translate is xml

Client said "use this ini with tag editor"

Can anyone please tell me in which way I have to use it ?

Thank you very much for your help

Angio

[Edited at 2007-03-22 17:20]

Direct link Reply with quote

Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
Hi Angio Mar 22, 2007

I guess this mus be a special tag settings file.

Here is the description in Trados Documentation:

"Tag Settings File
Document containing information that is necessary for processing XML, HTML and SGML documents, including DTD- and schema-based XML files. tag settings files, also known as initialisation files, have the extension *.ini.

Use the Tag Settings Manager to manage tag settings files. Use the Tag Settings Wizard to create new or edit existing tag settings files. You can access both the wizard and the manager by selecting Tag Settings from the Tools menu in TagEditor, or from the Tools tab of the Translation Memory Options dialog box in Translator's Workbench."

"TagEditor ships with a tag settings file for HTML documents, HTML4.ini. This file contains all the settings that are necessary for correctly processing HTML files that are based on the HTML 4.0 DTD. Other tag settings files shipped are for XML and .NET RESX documents. These files are located in the installation folder of Translator's Workbench and TagEditor, C:\Program Files\TRADOS\...\TT.

Tag settings files are used in TagEditor during interactive translation and verification of HTML, XSL and SGML files. They are also used to store customised settings for the Tags toolbar and the Generic Tag Verifier. "

"To add an existing tag settings file to the Tag Settings Manager list:

In the Tag Settings Manager dialog box, click Open.

In the Open Tag Settings File dialog box, locate the tag settings file (*.ini) on your hard disk or network and click Open. The specified file is added to the list in the Tag Settings Manager dialog box.

In the Tag Settings Manager dialog box, click OK to confirm your changes and to return to the main program window. Alternatively, click Edit to open the Tag Settings Properties dialog box, where you can edit settings as required."

Hope that it helps...

Have a nice evening

Nicolas Coyer  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 23:50
Spanish to French
+ ...
How to attach it to your document... Mar 22, 2007

Go to Tools > Tag Settings > Open, and look the ini file provided.
Then click on Select in the Tag Setting Manager.

Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 22, 2007

Thank you very much Leena and Nicolas, your explanations are very clear, hope I will be able to solve

Have a nice evening

Angio

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how should I use a ini. file with tag editor?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums