trados license
Thread poster: Gisela Pérez González

Gisela Pérez González  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:57
English to Spanish
Mar 23, 2007

Good morning,
I have just installed trados 2006 in my computer, and I am trying to put my license in the "License Manager". I store my license in C: and in My Documents. I browse, click on OK and then I can only read "License available:" but my license doesn´t appear and trados runs in demo mode though I have my license.
What is wrong?
Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:57
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... Mar 23, 2007

...to SDL Trados Support - please use this forum to post topics related to SDLX and/or Trados.

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! Mar 23, 2007

Ralf Lemster wrote:

...to SDL Trados Support - please use this forum to post topics related to SDLX and/or Trados.

I will.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:57
English to Czech
+ ...
Restart Workbench Mar 27, 2007

Dear Gisela,
all you have to do is to close the TW window and start the application again.

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
reply to Stanislav´s suggestion Mar 27, 2007

Thanks for your suggestion, Stanislav, but I am trying to link my license to the License Manager with all the windows closed. When I try to test my license it says that it can not be found or that it is corrupt, do you think that it can be due to a kind of flaw during the downloading process? I think that it may be a good idea to unistall it all and reinstall it again, but it is just my instict. Could you give me your opinion about this? I do not have the slightest idea! So, anything you could tell me is wellcome.

[Edited at 2007-03-27 17:44]

Chantal Kamgne  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:57
Member (2006)
English to French
Try redownloading Mar 27, 2007

As I said earlier, the problem can be due to errors when downloading. For examples, some download accelerators would not let you have a usable license file. If you have one, uninstall/de-activate it, then redownload the license, then index it again with the license manager.
In any case, I think that you need to redownload the license, even if the problem were not due to the presence of a download accelerator.
Chantal

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
computer dummy Mar 27, 2007

Hi Chantal,
what do you exactly mean by downloading accelerator? Give me a commercial name a brand or so. I am a bit of a computer dummy.

Chantal Kamgne  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:57
Member (2006)
English to French
Re : Trados license Mar 27, 2007

If you do not know what a download accelerator is, then may be you did not use one. The one provided by SDL, particularly, seems not to properly download their license.
Did you try redownloading?
I hope that you will soon find a solution to your problem.
Please keep us informed.

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I was not successful :( Mar 28, 2007

I have tried redownloading, following every step carefully, I did it all over again, but I wasn´t successful. It keeps telling me that the license can not be found and since the Memory in the Workbench is too large for demo mode, I am not able to use it! They (from SDL) tell me to go to the support site, which I already visited unfruitfully, but I´ll give it one more try (again!). They say that the problem with my license is that "there must be problems with it" (yes! they got it! hahaha )

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

trados license

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs