Trados 6.5 and .itd files
Thread poster: Andrea Riffo

Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 02:54
English to Spanish
Mar 23, 2007

Hello everyone!

I currently work with Trados 6.5 and have not upgraded to SDLX. A potential client is asking me if I can work with SDLX itd files and, to be honest, I have no idea if I can ::blush::

I'd apprecciate any and all insight you can give me

Andrea

Direct link Reply with quote

Véronique L.  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:54
English to French
+ ...
I don't think so... Mar 23, 2007

I think this kind of compatibility has been available only from the SDL Trados 2006 package. But I don't think earlier versions support itd files.

Maybe other translators can confirm...

Véronique

Umutay Midinova
Kyrgyzstan
Local time: 12:54
English to Russian
+ ...
SDL Lite will do Mar 24, 2007

I was in that situation just two weeks ago.
What you need to do is to download SDL Lite from their site. It is free. But there is one thing to take into account.
The .itd files should be created by your customer in Elite--
I think the name has to do with the configuration--neither Professional, nor Standard, otherwise the .itd file will not open in SDL Lite or Edit--it is all the same--besides it has limited functionality--but allows editing job.
Hope it will help you

drngal
Local time: 07:54
English
Yes, itd files are working with 6.5 Mar 24, 2007

Hi Andrea

Trados 6.5 (build 441) is working fine with itd files. All what you need to do is add opentag.ini to dtd settings list. You should find it in Trados\TT folder.

Wojtek

[Edited at 2007-03-25 00:02]

Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 02:54
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 26, 2007

Thank you for your replies. I downloaded SDL lite and added opentag.ini for good measure (at least I think I managed to do it)... now I have to wait and see if I get the project

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:54
English to Polish
You will not open ITD file directly Mar 27, 2007

drngal wrote:

Trados 6.5 (build 441) is working fine with itd files. All what you need to do is add opentag.ini to dtd settings list. You should find it in Trados\TT folder.

You have to export ITD files into TTX format first. Then you can open them in TagEditor using this INI settings.
Additional tip: do not ever shrink/expand segments in such TTX file - this will generate problems when harvesting TTX file back into ITD.

HTH,
Wojciech

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5 and .itd files

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs