Translate in Tageditor with Multiterm
Thread poster: iamsara

iamsara
Local time: 11:07
English to Spanish
Mar 26, 2007

Anyone knows how to translate an INX file which consists of a table whose terms are all included in a Multiterm database?

Direct link Reply with quote

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
? Mar 27, 2007

Dubloc wrote:

Anyone knows how to translate an INX file which consists of a table whose terms are all included in a Multiterm database?

Do you mean "translate using Multiterm matches"?

iamsara
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Yes.. Mar 27, 2007

Thanks for replying.

Yes, I mean something like inserting terms from the DB via Tools>Translate>Replace, but it does not seem to work since I get some source segments translated instead of source-target segments, and therefore I can not save target as nor clean up the doc.

I´d like to know if there´s another methos since it´s a bit frustrating to have all terms translated in a DB and not being able to reflect it in the document to translate.

Poland
English to Polish
Segment unknown sentences Mar 27, 2007

Yes, I mean something like inserting terms from the DB via Tools>Translate>Replace, but it does not seem to work since I get some source segments translated instead of source-target segments, and therefore I can not save target as nor clean up the doc.

Check "Segment unknown sentences" checkbox when translating the file.

HTH,
Wojciech

iamsara
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Java error Mar 27, 2007

Hi Wojciech, I have finished pretranslating the document. It took very long since it´s a big file, and when it reached 100%, an error ocurred:

Failed to create Java Virtual Machine.

any ideas?

Poland
English to Polish
Reinstall Java and switch off updates Mar 28, 2007

Failed to create Java Virtual Machine.

Do you have Java on your PC? Check the version - it should be the same Java that was provided with Multiterm installer, you cannot update it to newer versions.

Seems that Trados doesn't like other versions of Java runtime.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translate in Tageditor with Multiterm

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums