T/Windows for PowerPoint, TRADOS 6.5
Thread poster: Doris Cabezas
Doris Cabezas  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:58
Member (2012)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 29, 2007

Could anyone provide me with user-friendly instructions on how to translate powerpoint slides using T-Windows for PowerPoint, TRADOS 6.5? I am about to receive a project with approximately 4,000 slides, but have never used this portion of TRADOS. I have tried their tutorial but it did not help and I am pressed for time. Thanks. Doris

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:58
English to German
+ ...
Use TagEditor Mar 29, 2007

Hi Doris,
Not quite the answer to your question, but you asked for a user-friendly option. I suggest you use TagEditor, however, I would split the file(s) into portions of 100 or so.

HTH, Ralf

Member (2012)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
T-Windows for PowerPoint, TRADOS 6.5 Mar 29, 2007

My files are divided and they are in bunches that are not that big. I will go right now and try TagEditor. The problem is that when we bought TRADOS the training we got was soooo limited, and now I need to use that feature FAST!!! Thanks, Doris

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:58
English to German
+ ...
File Formats Reference Guide Mar 29, 2007

Hi again,
Two pointers:
- Check the process flow outlined in the File Format Reference Guide (installed with your software).

- Bear in mind that opening PPT files in TE will take some time, as PPT formatting will need to be converted into XML tags. Once you save the files as .ttx, that's no longer an issue.

Best regards,
Ralf

Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 21:58
English to Indonesian
+ ...
tageditor of course Mar 30, 2007

i too would suggest using tageditor. just drop the file into the te, wait a bit, then just start translating...

Member (2012)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
T Windows for PowerPoint, TRADOS 6.5 Mar 30, 2007

Thank, I started doing that this morning, and there are a couple of things I don't get yet, but it's a trial and error thing, and it does not seem too complicated. Thanks a lot!!! Doris

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

T/Windows for PowerPoint, TRADOS 6.5

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs