Mobile menu

How to find closest untranslated section?
Thread poster: Paul Adie

Paul Adie  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 4, 2007

Dear All,

I am using Tag Editor to translate a huge Excel file. I have pre-translated, but is there a way of finding the first (and next) sections to be translated, ie, those which have not matched 100%?

Any help would be appreciated

Direct link Reply with quote

Marion Lurf  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:15
English to German
+ ...
Open Next no 100%/Get Apr 4, 2007

Hi Paul,

Use the commands Open Next no 100%/Get (keyboard shortcut Alt+Ctrl+Home) and Set Close Next no 100% Open Get (keyboard Alt+Ctrl+Num+), respectively. This way TagEditor will go through the file ignoring all 100% matches.
Alternatively, you can mark them as Xtranslated segments (they will appear greyed out), but I suppose for what you're trying to do, either method will be fine.

On a note aside, I would advise you to familiarise yourself with the tools you're working with, e.g. by reading some Trados tutorials. This is the only way you can work with them effectively - starting with the most basic functions you were enquiring about today. All the best!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to find closest untranslated section?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs