Track changes
Thread poster: Alexandra Speirs
Alexandra Speirs
Alexandra Speirs  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:26
Italian to English
+ ...
Apr 4, 2007

I have a file I wanted to translate with Trados (version 6.5) but it gives me this message:
You cannot use Workbench while Track Changes is on.
In Word XP, deactivate "Track changes" under Tools.
My Word XP is in Italian and I can't see anything resembling Track changes. Where do I go now? Any suggestions welcome.

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:26
English to French
+ ...
It is actually "Reviewing" Apr 5, 2007

I never understood myself why they keep calling it 'track changes' when it is called 'Reviewing' in the toolbar popup menu.

There is a more simple way. You probably have the track changes toolbar open. Why not deactivate the first icon on it? This will simply turn the feature off.

I hope this helps!

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:26
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Double-click at the bottom of the MSWord window Apr 5, 2007

Hi Alexandra,

can't help with the Italian version myself (I have a German version), but once you have opened the file, at the bottom of the MSWord window you have from left to right page no. and various other parameters in black. More or less in the middle there are some others greyed out (non-active). If the track changes option is activated (the third to the left of the language indicated, say Italian), it is in black: simply double-click it to de-activate it. (Another double-clic
... See more
Hi Alexandra,

can't help with the Italian version myself (I have a German version), but once you have opened the file, at the bottom of the MSWord window you have from left to right page no. and various other parameters in black. More or less in the middle there are some others greyed out (non-active). If the track changes option is activated (the third to the left of the language indicated, say Italian), it is in black: simply double-click it to de-activate it. (Another double-clicking will switch it back on).

Giuliana
Collapse

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
Track Changes still on... Apr 5, 2007

There doesn't have to be any track changes in the document. As long as the function is activated, Trados won't open segments. Try to make changes in the document; if the letters you write are red and underlined, track changes is on.

Jørgen

Alexandra Speirs
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works Apr 5, 2007

Thanks, that's fixed it. It's called Revisioni in Italian, with a bit of imagination I just might have tracked it (groan!), but it was about 2 in the morning.....

Patrizia Licchetta
Patrizia Licchetta  Identity Verified
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
Track changes > REV (Modalità Revisione) in Italian Apr 5, 2007

Hi Alexandra
as Giuliana told you, when you open Word in the grey border at the bottom of the screen (above the quick launch icons) you have some identifiers like Pg 1 Sez 1 1/1 then A XXX cm then a series of (usually) greyed abbreviations like REG, REV EST and SSC followed by the language Word was set to (in my version, Italiano) then the icon of a book with a pencil on it that seems to be writing when you type or you save the document.
If REV is black, track changes is on, if it is
... See more
Hi Alexandra
as Giuliana told you, when you open Word in the grey border at the bottom of the screen (above the quick launch icons) you have some identifiers like Pg 1 Sez 1 1/1 then A XXX cm then a series of (usually) greyed abbreviations like REG, REV EST and SSC followed by the language Word was set to (in my version, Italiano) then the icon of a book with a pencil on it that seems to be writing when you type or you save the document.
If REV is black, track changes is on, if it isn't track changes is off. To activate or deactivate REV you should double-click on the word REV.

Otherwise you can go to Strumenti>Revisioni>Mostra revisioni and unselect "Tieni traccia delle revisioni........"

Patrizia
Collapse

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Revisioni Apr 5, 2007

Hi Alexandra

For the Italian version you must go on STRUMENTI>REVISIONI and unflag "Revisioni" which is a yellow symbol like a triangle (|>)

I hope my explanation is clear

Alexandra Speirs
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to all Apr 5, 2007

Yes thanks, I've got it working now. Grazie e ciao a tutti!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Track changes

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »