Mobile menu

My language pair specific Trados problem (Hindi/Marathi)
Thread poster: truptee

truptee  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:43
French to English
+ ...
Apr 6, 2007

I use SDL Trados 2006 Freelance.

My language pair specific Trados problem is this :
Language pair - English -> Marathi (or English-Hindi)
Each time - I translate a word file using Tag Editor.
Trados takes Arial Unicode MS as its default font.
After the translation is over, I clean the file. Till here no problem.
But after cleaning the file, when I open the cleaned file in MsWord, I cannot see the translation as it has turned into boxes.
Each time I have to re-do the work by opening each segment (Trados finds match for each segment and then I go on to the next segment) using Translator’s Workbench. And this time around the default font becomes Mangal. This means more time being wasted unnecessarily.

The reason for using TE (and not TWB) for translating was invariably there would be some problem with TWB and I started finding TE more reliable. TE even changes the font to a Devnagari (Marathi or Hindi) automatically.

Can I get some advice/solution to this wastage of time?

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Local time: 07:13
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
your RTF reader in Word... Apr 6, 2007

...when I open the cleaned file in MsWord, I cannot see the translation as it has turned into boxes.....

... is not expecting Unicode input. I know how to do in VBA (sigh) and I assume, you can tweak Word by activating the "Confirm conversion on open" checkbox in Tools/options/General (note: i have a German word, so I do not know for sure, if this is correct translation, hope you find it).

Regards and let us know

[Edited at 2007-04-06 08:48]

English to Marathi
hey!!writing in marathi is easy noe... Jun 6, 2007

hiiii....i hav com across a site named
this helps you to write in this,if you write marathi in english script,it will convert to marathi script i.e devnagiri script...try this..

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My language pair specific Trados problem (Hindi/Marathi)

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs