New bug warning for Trados 2007
Thread poster: Yolande Haneder
Yolande Haneder  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:02
German to French
+ ...
Apr 9, 2007

Here a new bug to add to the list of the problems with Trados 2007.

The comment function in tag editor is nice, but not localized. This means that if you open the comment window and wish to bring tag editor from English into German, Tag Editor is changing to German but the comment windows is remaining in English and Tag Editor is crashing.

Edit: activating the XML validator filter brings the comments function into an endless loop

This means for all sakes' it is better to keep Tag Editor in English.

#2 It is pretty annoying with the floating license to have to check the file EVERYTIME one want to use trados. Can't the path of the file remain on the system.

License is also expiring in 30 days (Trados professional with floating license).

I hope I will get a patch pretty quickly

[Edited at 2007-04-09 08:30]

[Edited at 2007-04-09 08:47]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You have to activate your software Apr 9, 2007

Trados has changed the licensing method, so you need to go to your account and will find the activation code under "Licenses" there.

Jerzy

German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unfortunlately it doesn't work Apr 9, 2007

I have the professional edition, this means I had been given a new floating license I and I have no activation number.

The problem is, the software does not seem to "remember" the license, which means I have to give the path to the new lic file everytime when I open a function (afterwards it is not running in demo mode) but still in demo mode at the license manager.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Sorry - then you should contact SDL Apr 9, 2007

This is of course a different situation

Jerzy

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Have you dowloaded and entered the activation code? Apr 9, 2007

one needs to download / get three items from the download area

i) Trados 2007
ii) Multiterm 2007
iii) activation code

Activation code is 6 x 4 characters - identical to the Microsoft ways of doing it -. Trying to shove the old lic file in under the door just does not make any difference: without the activation code you are running a demo version of it all.

I activated and it works. I also can use the old 7,5, just in case, but so far I met no surprises.

Running XP SP2 and 20003 Office.

smo

German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ok for the ones not understanding Apr 9, 2007

Taken from my account

My Product Activation Codes
Product Activation Codes are used to license SDL Trados 2007. You need to enter the activation code during the product's installation.

No activation codes were found for this account.

My Softkey Licenses

Softkey licenses are used with SDL Trados 2006, SDL MultiTerm, SDL Trados TM Server and SDL TeamWorks. You need to supply a Host ID and generate the license file, which you then save to your machine to license the product. (This process and the information you need is explained when you generate your license).

SDL Trados 2007 - Professional 8.0

You have no licenses available to generate. To regenerate a license, first return it using the options on the right.

Yolande

Running XP SP2 pro with office 2003
Working on an Ethernet network for which a license had been created

[Edited at 2007-04-09 14:12]

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Summarizing... Apr 9, 2007

... you seem not to have the authorization code for Trados 8.0

I paid ~ 90€ for the upgrade from Freelance 7.5 about a month or two ago. Iow the new version is not free for all, not even for the those owning n-1st version.

smo

German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I got a special licence file Apr 9, 2007

This means I should not need a specific code because it is not locked for a computer but it is working on a network environment.

Speaking of costs, I paid nearly € 1000,00 to upgrade from 6.5 to 2007 and the license IS working (and enabling me to work on full mode) but it is getting lost as soon as I close the window.

I bet I will not be the only one that will have this problem

http://www.uebersetzen.at/License.doc

Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:02
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Flexlm License server Apr 9, 2007

I believe that the problem with the license is due to the Flexlm License server.

There should be an article in the SDL knowledge bas about the Flexlm License server. What is happening (probably) is that for some reason your license server is not initialized properly at startup.

I had the same problem with Trados 7.1 LSP, and solved using an article from the knowledge base (Answer ID 1845), and, for good measure, downloading an updated license server (that should probably not be necessary for Trados 2007).

German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I found the problem Apr 10, 2007

I had been sent Trados 2006, which I installed a couple of weeks ago and installed 2007 in another directory.

The problem was that although the new license server had been installed on another directory and everything looked like as if it had been installed with the whole package, the new license server had not been installed. The old one did not recognize the new license and there was no word of such compatibility problem or that the new one had not be installed.

I had to remove MANUALLY the old license server to reinstall the one sent with trados 2007 and only then it recognized the new license file.

How did I noticed that a new license server had been installed? The picture on my desktop is now a new one and everything is working smoothly at least for this problem.

[Edited at 2007-04-10 09:43]

[Edited at 2007-04-10 09:43]

[Edited at 2007-04-10 09:46]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New bug warning for Trados 2007

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs