Thread poster: Garboktrans

Garboktrans
Spain
Local time: 07:48
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Apr 9, 2007

I am using the new Trados 2007 and when I clean a file, just while it is creating the new clean file, I get the "Trados has to close" message and I am left with the unclean BAK file, but no clean file. I have tried cleaning without updating the TM, and the same happens. I have been forced to uninstall SDL Trados 2007 and reinstall the 2006 version, which works perfectly well. Any of this happening to anyone else?

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
just cleaned cca 13k words RTF file Apr 9, 2007

... with 1400 segments and had no problems. It's Trados 8.0, win XP Sp2 and office 2003.

smo

Luis Antonio de Larrauri  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Another way of cleaning Apr 10, 2007

Have you tried Herramientas>macro>macros, and once there you choose tw4winClean.Main and "Ejecutar"?
This way you don't update the TM, you don't create a back up file, but you clean your file (you have to try this with the file open).

Trados Support team recommend cleaning that way, at least in previious versions.

Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error when cleaning files in SDL Trados 2007

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs