Mobile menu

Is there a way to edit Synergy projects?
Thread poster: Tapsa
Local time: 12:34
English to Finnish
Apr 10, 2007

I have found Synergy quite useful as a freelance translator, but there seems to be some serious flaws in my situation.

My projects include often tens of files, some of which I receive later. Sometimes there will be new verions of already translated files (additions, corrections).

I have found no way to add files to Synergy projects that have been created. And there seems to be no way to change Workbench or any important global settings after project has been created (except on file by file basis (Workbench settings) when translating them).

I am not receiving "project packages" from my customers. I receive files to be translated whichever way I choose almost 100% of the time.

I use Synergy because it provides a handy way to keep multiple projects in order (and track their progress automatically).

Re-creating the project for few changes seems stupid. And creating additional projects for one project that lives until near the end of the project seems even more stupid in my sitution.

If someone knows a way to add/change files in existing projects plese let me know. Copying them to the project folder doesn't seem to help because Synergy does'n recognize them.

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Local time: 11:34
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
First impression... Apr 10, 2007

The part of Synergy you are addressing, should look familiar to anybody who's been doing TRANSIT PE translations. Why not, it's not a bad idea: big project, big agency, fat files ... repackage it all and farm it out down the food chain. Fine, but you (...we...) need something different.

As for me, I depend on Translation Office to keep order in different parts of my world. It's far from perfect, so any ideas from other readers are welcome.

[Edited at 2007-04-10 06:11]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a way to edit Synergy projects?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs